Pregame tussle

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
I didn't get to see the pregame tussle. Is this another one of MR gimmicks that he tends to do before a big game? Did he put his team up to it? Aka like the Florida game a few years ago.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I didn't get to see the pregame tussle. Is this another one of MR gimmicks that he tends to do before a big game? Did he put his team up to it? Aka like the Florida game a few years ago.
IMO this is totally different than what happened against Florida. That was an orchestrated touchdown celebration without taunting. This was low ball crap like you used to see from teams like Miami. It would have been ugly if a lesser disciplined team were in our position. If Richt doesn't hand out suspensions for it, then all this stand-up guy hype about him is just a sham.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
IMO this is totally different than what happened against Florida. That was an orchestrated touchdown celebration without taunting. This was low ball crap like you used to see from teams like Miami. It would have been ugly if a lesser disciplined team were in our position. If Richt doesn't hand out suspensions for it, then all this stand-up guy hype about him is just a sham.
I use to think maybe it's not his fault but I'm convinced it is. Richt's team continuously year after year does something like this or at the end of the game (like this one), starts with the tussling crap and unsportsmanlike penalties. Only Richt going forward can take the blame for his team's perpetual lack of discipline.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
From what I saw after the fact, correct me if I'm wrong, GA players went to where Bama was warming up and started talking trash with some pushing and shoving.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Mark Richt learned from the best (Diddy Bowden) at making everyone think you are a good, classy coach yet having a team that continually does dirty, unclassy things like this.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Sabah just said in his post game PC that he was "ticked" about Alabama jumping around pre game.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
I actually felt better at the beginning of the game when I saw this.

Teams that do that kind of crap really don't believe in themselves and are just trying to psyche themselves up.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I actually felt better at the beginning of the game when I saw this.

Teams that do that kind of crap really don't believe in themselves and are just trying to psyche themselves up.
Me too.

I felt good when I saw the BEAT BAMA billboards. I felt even better when the Chili's incident happened. And I felt great when Paul Finebaum and others wrote us off for DEAD. Typical Georgia. Bless their hearts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.