Pregame tussle

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Me too.

I felt good when I saw the BEAT BAMA billboards. I felt even better when the Chili's incident happened. And I felt great when Paul Finebaum and others wrote us off for DEAD. Typical Georgia. Bless their hearts.
Chili's incident? Please share the details!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As a Christian, I've always wanted to give CMR credit for his efforts, but honestly, if my employees (or players in this case) acted like this, I'd fire them. The fact that UGA has earned the nick-name (among the SEC fan base) of 'THUGA' clearly demonstrates a disconnect, imo.

I'm not judging CMR - I think he's a good guy in his heart - but there's ZERO chance my representatives would EVER act like this...

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Looking at that link...there is no way he didn't know about it. The whole team was over there. Any video of him chewing their butts? I doubt it. This is something he encouraged them to do.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As a Christian, I've always wanted to give CMR credit for his efforts, but honestly, if my employees (or players in this case) acted like this, I'd fire them. The fact that UGA has earned the nick-name (among the SEC fan base) of 'THUGA' clearly demonstrates a disconnect, imo.

I'm not judging CMR - I think he's a good guy in his heart - but there's ZERO chance my representatives would EVER act like this...
Exactly..What's more telling than the lack of discipline the Georgia player's showed in this video clip, is the fact our Boy's showed great discipline, by just trotting on to where they were going & didn't give the Georgia player's the time of day as they passed on by them..It's like night & day between our Football progams when it comes to discipline or lack of by Georgia..I'm as proud of how our guys handle the pregame tussle as I am of the beatdown they handed The Pup's..

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Tone at the top...Mark richt has no class and even less professionalism. Imagine if a Saban team doing this once much less twice. It just wouldnt happen under Saban.

Richt knew about it and either signed off on it or just looked the other way. This could have really been ugly.

I'm glad his joke of a program got exposed, again.

RTR

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i think Richt is a good guy. but he's just too nice. he doesnt have the ability to take control. Like a teacher that has no control over the classroom. pretty sure he hopes the players dont do stupid things. even when they did, nothing was said to them as they went to the sidelines.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I was at the game and saw it chiming before it happened. It a was out in the endzone to warm up. Bama comes out of the locker room and had to run down a little strip cause that's all they were left by uga. As soon as they started to run out in a was lined up on them from the endzone to the 20. Out was so ridiculous I was sure it would be referenced once the telecast started. Was it?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
They will never learn. When I saw what they did during pregame I figured we had them right where we wanted them.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Richt is so very past the benefit of the doubt. He gets credit for kicking guys off him team when they do bad stuff, he doesn't really get called into question when his players keep doing bad stuff...

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Remember richt's career early on involved the Miami - fsu glory days in which intimidation played a big role in some games. The only problem is when teams ignore you as you are trying to intimidate them. Nebraska, bama, and psu paid those teams no attention and won big games against them that teams like Oklahoma did not

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
I was at the game and saw it chiming before it happened. It a was out in the endzone to warm up. Bama comes out of the locker room and had to run down a little strip cause that's all they were left by uga. As soon as they started to run out in a was lined up on them from the endzone to the 20. Out was so ridiculous I was sure it would be referenced once the telecast started. Was it?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Yes, CBS showed it in their pre-game show and maybe during the game.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Richt is so very past the benefit of the doubt. He gets credit for kicking guys off him team when they do bad stuff, he doesn't really get called into question when his playing keep doing bad stuff...
Yeah I was thinking about that other thread and GA thinking they "do it the right way"

Lack of discipline has been one of GA's biggest problems for many years. Things like this crap before the game, smack talking during the game and penalties. GA has been one of the most penalized SEC teams for years and it has cost them games over the years.
I would bet they are in top 3 for personal foul penalties in the SEC.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Mark Richt should try better coaching and less gimmicks. Maybe he should hire some more former Alabama coaches. Unfortunately, some people are only a Christian on Sundays and special occasions.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Mark Richt should try better coaching and less gimmicks. Maybe he should hire some more former Alabama coaches. Unfortunately, some people are only a Christian on Sundays and special occasions.
The problem with richt doing it is that it always seems to backfire on him, but when Jimmie did it people were upset only because Miami was a monster. While many will say the Miami teams were very classless and indisciplined you really can't argue that jimmy had some sorta of control on them enough to win. Yea the fatigue game is an outlier to that claim, but more times than not he had control. It really started to backfire when Ericsson took over. Richt just doesn't have control when it happens

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.