Official Post-Game Thread - Bama v. UGA...

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I just got home from Athens, so I'm joining the thread a bit late. A great win for the good guys, but still some things the coaches can work on. A perfect setup for a powerful run thru the rest of the season.

Even though I'm a bit of an old timer this was my first trip to Athens for a game. I don't know if this was a typical gameday for the current generation of Dawgs, but I came away with one overwhelming impression.......their program is all bark and no bite. The last time I visited Athens was during the Vince Dooley / Hershel Walker era, so maybe I expected this weekend to reflect the same atmosphere as times past. It wasn't. The fans I interacted with were obnoxious pre-game, and sore losers post-game. The students trashed their own campus around the Student Gates area. Their players tried to intimidate Bama (as others have discussed on this board). I mean, as Jim Croce once sang...."You don't tug on Superman's cape...." Their players were trash talking and pushing / shoving post play much of the game. They clearly lost their composure in the 3rd quarter. Early in the 4th quarter, I believe the number of Bama fans out-numbered the remaining Dawg fans. I want to win every game we play, but this win was especially sweet. Dawg fans need to learn they have to earn the right to be called Champions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.