Official Post-Game Thread - Bama v. UGA...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've pointed it in another topic:

1) We're pretty predictable with Drake in the backfield. It is going wide, probably a zone stretch derivative.

2) Our OL seems weakest at blocking these runs so even when it is favorable for the blockers, they're not executing it well enough to get him to the corner before he's dancing with a defender who shot through a gap in the OL.

Maybe the staff can self-scout some on our run game and get him opportunities that break script and work within what these guys up front do well.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I've pointed it in another topic:

1) We're pretty predictable with Drake in the backfield. It is going wide, probably a zone stretch derivative.

2) Our OL seems weakest at blocking these runs so even when it is favorable for the blockers, they're not executing it well enough to get him to the corner before he's dancing with a defender who shot through a gap in the OL.

Maybe the staff can self-scout some on our run game and get him opportunities that break script and work within what these guys up front do well.
I didn't even think about that. We need to revisit game plan for him.. he has to be frustrated right now.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
What is going on with Drake? 6 carries for 0 yards, 1 catch... He's basically nonexistent the last few games.
Well, a wet field actually makes it harder to make a cut. It favors north/south running and that's not his strength (the biggest runs in the game were north/south). I think they'd like to get Harris/Bo in there more to create a power running game and go back to what they wanted to do with Drake more, which was use him as more of a receiver.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the game. It was a very strong showing, but there was still something there for the coaches to get worked up about and areas to correct. It has to be harder to get these guys to take criticism after a game like A&M last year. I really liked how showed Jake's versatility and this will impact how teams have to prepare. He showed that the long pass is a legitimate weapon, he showed that he can get first downs with his legs. Both those things will help keep teams from just focusing on Henry.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
yeah, I'm not so much talking about just this game. We haven't gotten him going very well as a traditional tailback this season...I don't think it is a mental issue about the injury, the stuff just hasn't been open for him like the runs we do with Henry. Like I said, some good ol' self-scouting and continued improvement on the OL will get it fixed I hope.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
I know the team appreciated our fans who stuck it out today despite miserable weather conditions. The UGA announcer seemed a little perturbed as he attempted to make post-game announcements over an extremely loud rendition of "Rammer Jammer"!

I assume Coach & Mrs. Saban enjoyed their traditional road game treat ... "Nick Saban and his wife, Terry, have a tradition following each road game Alabama wins. After getting back to Tuscaloosa, the Sabans will get in the car for their drive home — and put on the song "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones".

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I know the team appreciated our fans who stuck it out today despite miserable weather conditions. The UGA announcer seemed a little perturbed as he attempted to make post-game announcements over an extremely loud rendition of "Rammer Jammer"! RTR!
It's great seeing the opponent's fans leave the stadium real early. I'm sure it was because of the weather! Wait, Bama fans were still in the stands!?.

Actually, I don't want to see the Dawgs again this year!

Cave Canem. Not! The Dawgs bark was worse than his bite.

P. S. Thank you Florida! I didn't feel bad for Ole Sis at all!

22Musso22

I'm a little late to the party, but I do agree that this was one of Saban and staff's best coached games in his 9 years with us. We had a heartbreaking loss to Ole Miss and still had not really established an offensive identity. That changed Saturday in Athens.

Enter Georgia and most everyone in the media predicted them to win BEFORE the season even started. We did what Alabama does the best FINALLY! We ran the rock soundly and our defensive front 7 dominated like never before.

I can't say enough about special teams. It looks like Adam is coming around with his field goal kicking and how bout that Fitzpatrick?? What a game he had! A blocked punt, sack and TD!

Great to see Jake come up with a clutch game. We have to be reminded that this kid really doesn't have that much experience playing QB on gameday. Today, I think he turned the corner. I am looking for bigger and better things for him as his confidence grows.

What about that lame Bulldog taunting on OUR sidelines??????? What a low class effort by those thugs. You would think by now that they would know that no one intimidates a Saban led Crimson Tide team.

ROLL TIDE ROLL TO Championship #16!

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Bulldogs pregame intimidation was the funniest thing ever. Proved the Dogs were all bark and no bite.

Roll Tide
I was a bit gratified to see this post on the Scout site (although there was only one reply):"Why do they do it?"

Stomping the midfield logo.
Whole team rushing the field.
The crap at Clemson.
Today's pre-game junk.
Why do our players feel the need to act like punks?(
Why do our coaches let them get away with it without repercussions?

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Just saw short piece of interview with Mark Richt on the SEC Network. He looked and talked like he just got run over by something and still doesn't know what hit him. Says they are just going to have to re-evaluate everything. Krymsonman

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My pick was 24-13 and I was fairly confident we would win, but I didn't expect we would blow them out like we did. I guess the bull frauds are just destined to be pretenders. I seriously don't know what is worse... UGA suffering the same nightmare over and over or ut and auburn having coaches that can't fix a sinkhole

Last edited:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I wasn't really worried about losing this game. A loss would have meant a lot of things and none of 'em good. The dynasty is far from over and we now can be confident that we are not only still really good, but also that we are (unsurprisingly) legit contenders for the championship.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I was a bit gratified to see this post on the Scout site (although there was only one reply):"Why do they do it?"
i'm seeing bit more consternation on the part of the ajc and other uga homers wrt to puppies behavior.

if they collapse this season (which i think is highly likely) it could get ugaly

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just saw short piece of interview with Mark Richt on the SEC Network. He looked and talked like he just got run over by something and still doesn't know what hit him. Says they are just going to have to re-evaluate everything. Krymsonman

well, he's re-evaluated several times since 2008. he no longer has any coordinators to lay the blame on. i'm guessing this re-evaluation will go about as well as the others.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There used to be a St. Louis Cardinals football team.
I know this - I also know that Verne corrected him.

He wasn't even talking about the Cardinals; he was talking about the RAMS.

Btw - I wouldn't have said anything else except someone tried to pick my answer apart.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.