Official Post-Game Thread - Bama v. UGA...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It was a good day, other than the constant rain, to be a Bama fan in Athens. While it was my first trip, I met a few good UGA fans and we had some good conversation. One guy said he just hoped it wasn't 2008 all over again, I told him I hope the end wasn't like 2012. I found nothing much to like about Sanford Stadium. Their upper deck portals had stairs for an entrance into the seating area. From my seat you couldn't see their scoreboard nor hear the PA announcer. And my how they trash their campus. Walking back to the car was like walking through the county landfill - trash absolutely everywhere. I'd like to have seen the city/campus on a better weather day as it appears to be in a rather scenic area. OTOH, why they originally decided to built the stadium at the bottom on one heck of a long, well pitched hill, is head scratching. It makes for a tough walk to and from, but glad I finally got to see a game 'between the hedges' and a resounding victory to boot. Kudos to our boys for keeping their poise and takin' care of business.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
To be fair, the "trashing the place" must be a part of their fanbase culture because when they won here in 2007 the quad and campus area was a wreck.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Now the bottom line is saying Chubb broke Walker's record. CBS said he tied it. They just can't seem to make up their minds, can they?
Herschel rushed for 100+ in the bowl game against Notre Dame. However, the NCAA didn't keep bowl stats at that time. The NCAA record book says he rushed for 100+ yards in 12 consecutive games, but he really did it in 13.

Not being negative but....clean up the penalties. Especially the pre snap penalties, get better on third down and how do you get a delay of game penalty on a change of possession play? Got to get better on third down though
Seemed to me the play clock started earlier than normal on that change of possession. IIRC, the players had just lined up when the flag was thrown. Either the entire offense and staff didn't pay attention, or there was some communication issues on the clock.

i'm seeing bit more consternation on the part of the ajc and other uga homers wrt to puppies behavior.

if they collapse this season (which i think is highly likely) it could get ugaly
They very well could collapse if they continue to get that QB play. They also could be facing a QB competition that could cause problems.

i heard an interesting stat this morning. in each of the past ten years, jawjuh has lost at least one game by 15 points or more.

georgia is undisciplined and soft and folds up like a cheap suit when challenged, just like their coach
Plan to look at those stats tomorrow at work to see how Bama ranks in comparison to the other dominant teams. I think I have a pretty good idea (at the top) since Bama has lost by double digits only four times since Saban's first season.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Stopping a scrambling QB is different that a RB. UGA is not going to so the things with their QB that Dobbs does.
Meh. I guess we will know in 2 weeks about Florida. I am just not high on them. Tennessee should've beat them, but poor coaching cost them.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
We are ranked #10 in rush D. They are ranked #15.
You know how misleading stats can be, especially after 5 games (approx 25% of Bama rushing yds allowed came on 1 play). IMO, Bama has the num 1 run defense in the country. UF's looked good, not great and totally different than Bama's. Bama stuffed Chubb, though the stats make it appear otherwise.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
You know how misleading stats can be, especially after 5 games (approx 25% of Bama rushing yds allowed came on 1 play). IMO, Bama has the num 1 run defense in the country. UF's looked good, not great and totally different than Bama's. Bama stuffed Chubb, though the stats make it appear otherwise.
Yeah kinda like you not wanting to include the long run by Chubb. Stats and all.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Haven't got time to read the entire thread, but kudos to CLK. He called a game suited to our strengths yesterday and we were very effective, despite the weather issues. At times, we flat out looked dominant running the ball... and UGA isn't terrible on defense.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Maybe I'll be a little "out of place" by saying this....hope not.

But, to all of our (sarcasm implied) "wonderful fans" who can't wait to bash, whine, wail, and moan all through the week, though the game, etc. -- I sure hope you don't mind if I ask you to go outside, and try to find the biggest crow you can find and make you a big batch of Crow Stew.....

Not sure who it was, but someone literally said "Get Humphrey Off the Field" because the 7th year Senior pushed off and got position on him on a ONE 30 yard pass. Not a blown coverage mind you, not a game winning score, not even a score at all. One play where the UGA receiver got the better of him, and someone literally demanded we "Get Humphrey Off the Field". Not sure if you think you are providing valuable insight when you do that stuff....because on the next drive, he intercepted a pass....

That's just one example....there were several. It gets old....very old. We lost at Ole Miss - yeah, ok. We lost because we had 5 turnovers, we lost because we got 1 fluke and 1 illegal play....that both worked against us for TDs.....we still almost won.....

We are Bama fans. Be proud. Act like you love your team. But, please don't be "bad parents at pee wee football" type fans.....

And the whole, why can't I be a Bama fan and still complain and bash them? You can....you really truly can....but in all honesty, it just sort of muddies the overall impression of Bama Fans everywhere......

So, be more like Mack, CA, Earle, Kyallie, RTR, VJ, LDLane, Mom.....and I'm sure I can type 200 more.....and be less like Harvey and Phyllis.....I beg you.....be less like Harvey and Phyllis.
I couldn't agree more. We all get too high and then too low. The truth is in the middle. The media doesn't help burying and then praising the same team within seven days. Don't be like that. Losing a game happens. It doesn't mean the dynasty is over but some years are better and easier than others. 2010 wasn't the year we all expected, but look at the next two years. It's impossible to be great every year when you have the turn over bama has with players leaving early. Some years have some growing pains. Just trust the process and enjoy the ride. My dad is 75 and says this what it was like in the 70's with the Bear. I'm too young to remember those games but I want to enjoy my own golden age of fandom. My dad trusted the Bear and I trust Saban.

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
Watching the playback on the SEC network...had a quick flashback when Coker ran that bootleg into the endzone....thought it was Richard Todd just for a second there

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Watching the playback on the SEC network...had a quick flashback when Coker ran that bootleg into the endzone....thought it was Richard Todd just for a second there
Heh, I was watching the replay too on SECN. Man, that was a great call in that situation.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
Plan to look at those stats tomorrow at work to see how Bama ranks in comparison to the other dominant teams. I think I have a pretty good idea (at the top) since Bama has lost by double digits only four times since Saban's first season.
You are correct. Alabama has lost by 14 points three times (to Utah, South Carolina, and Oklahoma) and once by 11 points (to Florida). I find it interesting that, since Saban's arrival, Alabama has scored 24 or more points in a game 91 times with a record of 84-7 in those games. On the flip side, Bama has given up 24 or more points in a game 21 times with a record of 9-12 in those games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.