Some programs can't seem to handle success

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
It seems to me that some programs historically just do not handle success well. UGA is an example. They have had years when the talent isthere..but somehow they just don't deliver. They can have a 10 win season and return lots of starters the following year...and still somehow manage to disappoint. Or they can win 5 or 6 games in a row to start a season and just when everyone starts believing...they get giddy at such heights of success and fall. Bama historically seems to handle the pressure of success as well as anybody. I'd say LSU also does pretty well ...
AU, UGA, Ole Miss??...not so much
Thoughts?? And any thoughts as to why?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
It seems to me that some programs historically just do not handle success well. UGA is an example. They have had years when the talent isthere..but somehow they just don't deliver. They can have a 10 win season and return lots of starters the following year...and still somehow manage to disappoint. Or they can win 5 or 6 games in a row to start a season and just when everyone starts believing...they get giddy at such heights of success and fall. Bama historically seems to handle the pressure of success as well as anybody. I'd say LSU also does pretty well ...
AU, UGA, Ole Miss??...not so much
Thoughts?? And any thoughts as to why?
IMO, it starts and ends with the head coach.

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
The less-succesful always seem to get cocky when they finally get a win or two. Then they get that bullseye on their backs from the rest of the teams on the schedule and can't stay focused enough to take each game seriously. (Ole Miss)

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
It's the same old "new money/old money" story. Too many people who find themselves with a new windfall will spend it stupidly and end up right back where they were before.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.