We Found An Offensive Identity

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
We had 63 offensive plays today. We ran the ball 47 of those plays. I think we've established what our identity is. I like it

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
It was Georgia, and that's always worth four to seven points, but there were moments in the first half where we looked like the best team in the country.

I actually think we did in the second half of the ole miss game. Either way though I agree.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think we found it a while back, but we just weren't consistent with it... Tonight, When Coker connected with Ridley..... That was when I knew we figured it out!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I made a few posts about a conservative game plan. I think this was called for, the rain, a good opponent, an offense searching for an identity, great defense, etc...

However, I don't think we've seen all this offense can do. The receivers, offensive line, quarterback, and a couple potentially key running backs are all somewhat inexperienced. I think Alabama can and will do more as the season progresses, the question ultimately is if they get too greedy and if they can continue to progress.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree, if we keep this up and I defense keeps playing the way that it is we should win out. It's all one game at a time tho. We can't lose sight that we are laying the toughest schedule in the SEC and arguably the country. But if we take it one game at a time and win out, we will have a good chance at the playoffs again.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
We had 63 offensive plays today. We ran the ball 47 of those plays. I think we've established what our identity is. I like it
I really hope so. Saban mentioned post game that with the weather as it was, a heavy run game-plan was the choice. I hope we continue with a similar game plan going forward.

I really wish we'd drop the no-huddle aspect of the offense. It seems pretty evident that there is still confusion when we try to speed up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I really hope so. Saban mentioned post game that with the weather as it was, a heavy run game-plan was the choice. I hope we continue with a similar game plan going forward.

I really wish we'd drop the no-huddle aspect of the offense. It seems pretty evident that there is still confusion when we try to speed up.
Doubt it...I think we'll utilize both of that throughout the season.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Today in stormy weather... Old School Football won the day.
We have the talent to pound em on the ground. Jake Coker showed signs of greatness today. Our Defense rivals our better efforts in years past. Our coaching staff didn't try to get to cute, they just called plays that worked. :)

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
I believe the difference was the fact that Coker opened up 7 of 8 passing. That was what we have been missing and it made uga defend the pass instead of loading up for the run. Against La Monroe, they never had more than one person more than six yards off the line. While we beat them they were never concerned with our passing game. I'm not saying to lean on the passing game but we need it to open up the running lanes.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
I believe the difference was the fact that Coker opened up 7 of 8 passing. That was what we have been missing and it made uga defend the pass instead of loading up for the run. Against La Monroe, they never had more than one person more than six yards off the line. While we beat them they were never concerned with our passing game. I'm not saying to lean on the passing game but we need it to open up the running lanes.
Yeah, this. I like the plan today, but that's what made it a success, and the OL still runs very, very hot and cold.

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
I hate to be the doom and gloom guy on this outstanding day, but the number of times in which the defensive guy hit our RBs in the backfield is far too many to accept this as our offensive identity. If it is, then we are far from solving our riddle on the offensive side of the ball.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.