skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Not even assuming we jump anyone who won:

#3 Ole Miss lost big
#6 Notre Dame losing fairly big
#7 UCLA trailing by 6 with about 5 minutes to go
#8 Georgia lost big

We could end up 9th, especially considering that Florida is unlikely to jump THAT high, Clemson (beating ND) was already a slot ahead of us, and we're the ones who beat #8.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
given the way tOSU and Sparty played, TCU might be #1
Honestly, they should be. OSU has looked like a polished .... this season, struggling against mid-tier teams. MSU looked like they might have a shot, but honestly I'm not sold on them either after barely beating a REALLY bad Purdue team.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
So where does Ole Miss fall to??? Below us?? I would assume but then the heated debate of having a team ranked above a team that beat them..

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
So where does Ole Miss fall to??? Below us?? I would assume but then the heated debate of having a team ranked above a team that beat them..
I think that is more with the committee once they start their rankings. I don't think it really carries much weight with the pollsters at this point in the season. BTW, first committee poll isn't due to appear until November 3rd. That seems so late.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
It will be interesting to see how everything goes. I think we at least make it to eight but wont be surprised if we make it as high as 6th. The issue with ole sis is they lost bad to a team that just made it to the top 25 ... not surprised if they fall well out of the top ten. I seriously doubt OSU moves from #1 without a loss this week.

Last edited:

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
why TCU??? tcu hasnt done anythong impressive this year....why does everyone feel tcu deserves anything. their coach is a loudmouth ox...baylor deserves it more than tcu...look at their body of work this season...tcu is a joke with a big mouthed no class coach

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
why TCU??? tcu hasnt done anythong impressive this year....why does everyone feel tcu deserves anything. their coach is a loudmouth ox...baylor deserves it more than tcu...look at their body of work this season...tcu is a joke with a big mouthed no class coach
you have it backwards of who has the loudmouth coach

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
They beat Texas Tech on a total fluke play. They are really not a very good football team but the Big 12 teams they play are just horrible defensively. They simply don't play defense. I'm not sure if I've ever seen anything like it.
sip

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I would say Baylor is worse.

22Musso22

It will be good to get back into the top 10 as we make our move to another Championship!...:)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It is funny how things seem to fall into place after we lose a game. We are definitely lucky....when it comes to other teams losing and parting ways for Bama to climb back up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.