Ok- let's actually put together a legitimate Top 5......

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
not tcu, just the idiots that keep hyping them. baylor beat tcu last year (head to head), yet every idiot that a voice wanted to put tcu in over baylor, i had an issue with that...and this year tcu has been very unimpressive, and again everyone wants to reward them...why? if ALABAMA were baylor last year, every BAMA fan would be ....ed about the national perception, and im sure they'd want coach saban to say something (like briles did). patterson is a dog, and is very sneaky in his attacks. yeah, i hate tcu!!!
YES! Baylor has proven they can stay atop the B12 (sustain) while TCU hasn't proven anything. TCU may well stomp Baylor this year but they'll have to actually do it before I anoint them. They are not in my top 6.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
YES! Baylor has proven they can stay atop the B12 (sustain) while TCU hasn't proven anything. TCU may well stomp Baylor this year but they'll have to actually do it before I anoint them. They are not in my top 6.
Baylor needs to start scheduling better. Until then, they get no respect from me. They did blowout a decent Texas Tech team, but they have yet to play a really good team.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Pre-season rankings should mean nothing when ranking teams at this point. Florida's defense looked really good yesterday. They have corners that can really cover. Coach Mac has obviously made a huge difference there.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
more than what tcu has done to deserve that ranking
TCU beat Texas Tech on an absolute fluke play. I don't think they're even good, much less top 5.
Right now, I'd go

1. Ohio State
2. Utah
3. Baylor
4. A&M
5. Bama

We've played three top 20 teams. That has to count for something.
sip

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
OK, they beat a team with a better resume - can you agree with that?
I will give you ole miss's luckfest against us is better than UGA's victory over usce, but I don't really think it warrants Florida jumping 20 teams in one week for beating a team that everyone deep down knows should be sitting with 2 losses.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
One team that deserves more credit than they are getting is Northwestern. They have the best resume through five weeks of all the Big Ten teams. They already have wins over Stanford, Duke and Minnesota.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I will give you ole miss's luckfest against us is better than UGA's victory over usce, but I don't really think it warrants Florida jumping 20 teams in one week for beating a team that everyone deep down knows should be sitting with 2 losses.
I put them there based on what they've done this year. Previous rankings are irrelevant to me, otherwise I'd still have a very average OSU and MSU in there. One change I might make is to swap out TCU for A&M (I keep forgetting about them).

BamaWally

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2012
I want Florida, LSWho, and Tex A&M ranked ahead of us! (now) Cause they on the schedule (or possibly in the SEC Championship). I do not want to be ranked 4th towards the end with an undefeated Ohio State behind us. I've seen how that can turn out.

One game at a time and RTR!!!

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
I want Florida, LSWho, and Tex A&M ranked ahead of us! (now)
Agree with this; each is undefeated and in particular we're next on TAMU's schedule with a bye next week and they're still smarting from the 59-0 smackdown last year and we travel to Kyle Field for that one.

Last edited:

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
TCU beat Texas Tech on an absolute fluke play. I don't think they're even good, much less top 5.
Right now, I'd go

1. Ohio State
2. Utah
3. Baylor
4. A&M
5. Bama

We've played three top 20 teams. That has to count for something.
sip
Can't see any PAC-12 team in top 5 as of yet, not even sure about top 10...Utah win vs Michigan looking better and better...
I'll go with:
1.-Bears (ummm which one)
2.-Utes (there's only one of them)
3.-A&M (There is more than one of these)
4.-OSU (there's also more than one of these)
5.-Bama (only one of these guys & gal's - Roll Tide)
6.-LSU (they did beat hail-state, but so did A&M)
7.-MSU (there's more than one of these also, but I'll go with sparty!)
8.-Gayturs (the UT win don't look all that great now, and just how good is that ole sissy win?)

In other words pick who you like, 'cause it just don't matter for now! How good is our win vs. Wisky now?
Just how good are any of these teams wins?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
OK, they beat a team with a better resume - can you agree with that?
They also decimated the team that beat us so add this to their 5-0 record. So you're right about them being ranked ahead of us right now. That may not be the case, say, in week 8 or 10 as the season progresses for both teams. Rankings are fluid. This was one thing that was missed by most fan bases in the first year of the 4 team playoff. The discussion we were having in weeks 4, 5, 6 turned out to be different than the outcome of the 4 teams. Very few, this time last year, would've had OSU making the playoffs much less winning it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.