How quickly the Media changes their mind.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
According to the media:

What a difference one game makes. We didn't have a QB worth a dime, receivers who couldn't run routes, blockers who couldn't block and coaches who couldn't coach. The Dynasty is officially over. Now we are really the best and going to the playoffs.

One game ago Ole Miss was unstoppable. Now they are lucky to win three more games. Florida would be lucky to go to a bowl and now they are going to win the East and probably the SEC. UCLA looked unbeatable. TCU went from a struggling team to a team that can't be stopped. It is amazing what one game can do!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You could say the same thing about a lot of Alabama fans, including some posting on TideFans. We get too high when our teams do well, and too low when they do not.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Long season. I kinda wish everyone could see that. Florida fans are becoming unbearable, even though I told them that Ole Miss was due for a letdown. Ole Miss hinges its season on beating Bama. Everyone else, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
With two sisters that are Florida fans, I am required to maintain a high tolerance for "unbearable."

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
These knee jerk reactions by the media are comical. I cannot wait to see who the next best team in the history of ever is.

Exactly! Ole Miss got way to much love for their win at Bama, just as Clemson will get way to much love for winning their game against ND. As much as I like to see ND lose, the truth is, they had the better team. Just like Bama/OM the better team lost the game and was killed by to's. IMO, Ole Miss will lose at least two more SEC games. I think the SECCG will be between the winner of UF/UGA and whomever takes care of their business between Bama LSU, and aTm.
Hope it's Bama...One game at a time...Next up, the Hogs...RTR

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
What got me was all the talk of "if Alabama loses to Georgia their dynasty is over." In reality our dynasty ended in Auburn the last weekend of November 2013 and there has been no dynasty since. At least by any reasonable definition.

We're still "Alabama" though and will always have to be reckoned with and perhaps could start a new dynasty this year.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The "media" hasn't changed their mind. They don't have a mind...they just vomit up different themes and talking points, whatever moves the needle.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Exactly! Ole Miss got way to much love for their win at Bama, just as Clemson will get way to much love for winning their game against ND.
I wanted so much to have a megaphone and yell at the media "duh ..... we gave them FIVE turnovers and still almost won! How can you say Ole Miss is awesome?"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tidefans threads often show fans who act the same way.

Let's consider the opposite - Tide fans NOW are saying, "Well Ole Miss wasn't really any good."

So logically we now lost to a team that wasn't any good.........

Ole Miss is a GOOD team - they're not a GREAT team by any stretch but they're a good one.

We have fans who first whine that the Selection Committee is specifically designed to exclude a second SEC team and then that it's not fair a team with a stronger SoS but two losses may not make it and right about that time we think we see the shadow of the Second Gunman on the Grassy Knoll and finally we realize that Elvis works at a KMart in Spartanburg, SC......

And then Auburn pays players and can't win without paying them and then they still can't win and it's all a persecution complex that makes me go "Huh?"

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The media is prime example of the old ban wagon jump routine. And they are going to be on the lead wagon for that particular week. Ole Miss caught us on a off night just like the Gators caught them on one it happens. All three teams are very good, but in reality you can say this about all sec games ,a off day will get you beat more times than not.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Tidefans threads often show fans who act the same way.

Let's consider the opposite - Tide fans NOW are saying, "Well Ole Miss wasn't really any good."

So logically we now lost to a team that wasn't any good.........

Ole Miss is a GOOD team - they're not a GREAT team by any stretch but they're a good one....
Imo it had nothing to do with who was the better team, as that is rarely determined until the end of the game. It's all in which team shows up and shows more hunger for the win. When Ole Miss came to BDS, they were more hungry and enthused than the Tide. When they went to the Swamp, well, not so much.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Imo it had nothing to do with who was the better team, as that is rarely determined until the end of the game. It's all in which team shows up and shows more hunger for the win. When Ole Miss came to BDS, they were more hungry and enthused than the Tide. When they went to the Swamp, well, not so much.
This is why we should not have polls come out until the halfway mark of the season. Afterr they play 6 games, they are all different teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.