Early Odds for Week 6 Games of Note

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Exciting week of ball in Week 5. On to Week 6. As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor condones any gambling of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy responsibly!

• USCw opens as a 17 pt favorite over Washington
  • In the Red River Shootout, the struggling Texas Longhorns open as a 13 point underdog to the Oklahoma Sooners (that number has quickly moved to 14.5)
  • Ohio St. is a 28.5 pt favorite over the worst team in college football, Maryland
  • Alabama is a 16 pt homecoming favorite over the visiting Arkansas Razorbacks
  • Miss. St. is favored by 31.5 over Troy
  • In what looks like a typo, Ole Miss opened as an 8 point favorite over New Mexico St. and within hours that number moved to 43 (!!!!!)
  • Baylor is favored by 38 over Kansas
  • Oregon is favored by 20 over Washington St.
  • UGA is favored by 2.5 over Tennessee
  • Notre Dame is favored by 17 over Navy
  • In a game that used to mean something, FSU is favored by 8.5 over Miami (FL)
  • Michigan is favored by 12 over Northwestern
  • GaTech is a 7.5 pt underdog to Clemson #BYOG
  • In what will probably be the game of the week, Cal is a 7 pt underdog to Utah
  • Florida is a 3.5 pt favorite over Mizzou
  • Because they have no offense and their defense isn't interested in tackling, South Carolina is a 13 pt underdog to LSU
  • To to uncertainties due to injuries, there are no lines yet for the following games:
    • TCU vs K-State
    • Mich. St. vs. Rutgers
    • Wisconsin vs. Nebraska

Enjoy the games!!!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Exciting week of ball in Week 5. On to Week 6. As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor condones any gambling of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy responsibly!
That's a very good thing. The way some teams have been playing so erratically in their first conference games, I wouldn't place a single dime on even one.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
  • In the Red River Shootout, the struggling Texas Longhorns open as a 13 point underdog to the Oklahoma Sooners (that number has quickly moved to 14.5)

Surprised that there is a line for this game with Colt's injury and all.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Mich by 12 over NW sticks out to me.
Michigan has out scored teams like 119-3 since losing the first game of the season to Utah. (Not sure about that number but it's something like that). They are sneaky good and I think have a legit shot to win the B1G this season with subpar talent. Harbaugh has it turned around there already.

*sidenote* I'm sobbing uncontrollably as I type this as I watch my 49ers wander in the wilderness without him

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In the SEC I'm most interested to see what Fla does on the road against Mizzou.
Assuming Mauk isn't reinstated (which I don't know if it would be the best thing for Mizzou), that Florida defense may make their freshman want to stay on the bus and not get off.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Surely Ga is the best bet on the board. UT had trouble stopping the hogs, and their qb is bad in predictable downs, especially when they are behind. Hard to imagine Ga not winning that game. Ga had the air sucked out of them by Bama; they are better than they appeared. They are not going to be as foolish approaching the game with the vols. The vols do not have Bama's Dline to stop Chubb and co.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Just for fun ...

• USCw opens as a 17 pt favorite over Washington
  • In the Red River Shootout, the struggling Texas Longhorns open as a 13 point underdog to the Oklahoma Sooners (that number has quickly moved to 14.5) - easy money
  • Ohio St. is a 28.5 pt favorite over the worst team in college football, Maryland - taking the points
  • Alabama is a 16 pt homecoming favorite over the visiting Arkansas Razorbacks
  • Miss. St. is favored by 31.5 over Troy
  • In what looks like a typo, Ole Miss opened as an 8 point favorite over New Mexico St. and within hours that number moved to 43 (!!!!!) - I would take 43 and give 8
  • Baylor is favored by 38 over Kansas
  • Oregon is favored by 20 over Washington St.
  • UGA is favored by 2.5 over Tennessee
  • Notre Dame is favored by 17 over Navy
  • In a game that used to mean something, FSU is favored by 8.5 over Miami (FL)
  • Michigan is favored by 12 over Northwestern
  • GaTech is a 7.5 pt underdog to Clemson #BYOG
  • In what will probably be the game of the week, Cal is a 7 pt underdog to Utah
  • Florida is a 3.5 pt favorite over Mizzou
  • Because they have no offense and their defense isn't interested in tackling, South Carolina is a 13 pt underdog to LSU
  • To to uncertainties due to injuries, there are no lines yet for the following games:
    • TCU vs K-State -
    • Mich. St. vs. Rutgers
    • Wisconsin vs. Nebraska

Enjoy the games!!![/QUOTE]

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Surely Ga is the best bet on the board. UT had trouble stopping the hogs, and their qb is bad in predictable downs, especially when they are behind. Hard to imagine Ga not winning that game. Ga had the air sucked out of them by Bama; they are better than they appeared. They are not going to be as foolish approaching the game with the vols. The vols do not have Bama's Dline to stop Chubb and co.
Interesting that UGA is only favored by 2.5 at Knoxville; not as many points as I was expecting.

Poor UT has lost 3 games by zero (7 in OT so zero as far as I'm concerned), one, and 4 points. Maybe the odds makers have it right?

ETA: Originally mis-read schedule and thought game was at UGA; thanks to ALA2262 I see the game is at UT. I can see the spread being a little closer now. Still can't figure out either of these teams yet.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

[*]Ohio St. is a 28.5 pt favorite over the worst team in college football, Maryland
Did you forget about Kansas?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.