Georgia Personal Fouls

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
In all the uproar over the pre-game taunting, I haven't seen any comment on the slew of personal fouls.

There were at least three late hits (two on Henry), a facemask on a punt return on a player other than the returner, i.e., it wasn't while trying to make a tackle, and a couple of others.

I thought this showed a loss of poise. Then, as it continued, I thought it was another brick in the wall of a case that Mark Richt has neither control over nor respect of his players.

He wins as much as he does because he's a good recruiter. He'll never be championship-caliber because he doesn't enforce a focused, disciplined approach. It's why his teams really struggle with responding to adversity.

Rather than bow up, they fold up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Jeremy Pruitt talked about that after the game... You should check out his interview... he sounds just like CNS... In my opinion, Defense maturity isn't there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In all the uproar over the pre-game taunting, I haven't seen any comment on the slew of personal fouls.

There were at least three late hits (two on Henry), a facemask on a punt return on a player other than the returner, i.e., it wasn't while trying to make a tackle, and a couple of others.

I thought this showed a loss of poise. Then, as it continued, I thought it was another brick in the wall of a case that Mark Richt has neither control over nor respect of his players.

He wins as much as he does because he's a good recruiter. He'll never be championship-caliber because he doesn't enforce a focused, disciplined approach. It's why his teams really struggle with responding to adversity.

Richt isn't that great of a recruiter. He's in a state loaded with talent and benefits from it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This from BOL:
BAMA played
8- 4 stars or better players in the 2012 recruiting class
11- 4 star or better players in the 2013 class ( 6 Five stars played)
15 - 4 star or better players in the 2014 class (6 Five stars played)
9- 4 star or better players in the 2015 class (1 Five star played)
UGA Played
2 - 4 stars or better players in the 2011 class
4 - 4 stars or better players in the 2012 class (1 Five Star)
5 - 4 star or better players in the 2013 class ( 0 Five stars)
6 - 4- star or better players in the 2014 class (3 Five Stars)
7- 4 stars or better players in the 2015 class (2 Five Stars)

Ace14bama

Nov 15, 2014
The pattern that I see is that Richt and coaches like him do not do a good job at preparing their players for quality competition. It's the same thing that keeps teams like Ole Miss and State and Georgia from ever really putting a complete season together. They play gimmicky, meaning, they don't always try to just line up and beat you at your own game. They feel they have to get their emotions up by somehow trying to get in the other teams head...or possibly get their own emotions up high enough that they believe they can beat you. 2008 it was black jerseys. Saturday, it was a pre-game jumping/taunting match as Bama was coming on the field. For ole miss it was yesteryears baby-blue helmet (I know they beat us but it was more our fault and bad luck than anything else). It's like they don't emphasize the mental toughness and discipline and outworking the opponent that it takes to win week in and week out. It's like telling a player that he has to go out there and play mean or angry. Well, if that is not channeled correctly, that becomes playing dirty. And when the gimmicks and the anger and the taunting doesn't work, players get frustrated and lose what focus they had in the beginning. It's a "short-cut" method of trying to have success and while it might work occasionally, you cannot maintain success in those ways. That's just the way I see it.

I'm thankful we have coaches that prepare our guys to outwork our opponents and beat them on the field.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

There was also the incident involving Jordan Jenkins body-slamming Kenyan Drake in the fourth qtr and then his little taunting dance afterwards. There was no foul called, but it was just par for the course considering the group of thugs we were playing.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There was also the incident involving Jordan Jenkins body-slamming Kenyan Drake in the fourth qtr and then his little taunting dance afterwards. There was no foul called, but it was just par for the course considering the group of thugs we were playing.
yep, i don't know how that one didn't get flagged. also, another one of the georgia players (#6 maybe) was doing a taunting head bob sort of dance after that too.

it sort of reminded me of that game against arky where some guy was giving jpw lip late in the game, and jpw just pointed at the score board and smiled.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
I think that was Lorenzo Carter

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Direct reflection of the lack of discipline and control the staff and administration have over the players. CMR is a good person away from the field but he has no idea how to mange and maximize production from the talent he has each and every year. The talent pool in Georgia is THE ONLY thing that's made him successful at UGA.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm glad none of our players were hurt by thUGA's loss of control, and I'm thankful their lack of self discipline helped Bama stomp them into the mud hole.

Sometimes the antics work for UGA. I remember the celebration penalty they got against Florida a few years back and they beat UF down that game. Everyone is talking about lack of discipline and blah, blah, blah. I don't get it at all.

There was no way Bama was going to lose Saturday. The team was just better. It didn't hurt that UGAs players got a small fire going for Bama, but either way it was going to be a loooong day for them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
During the Pre-game show, either Gary or Verne said that only Florida (the state) put more players in the NFL last year than Georgia. I was really surprised by that, and it helps me to understand why Saban loves those games in the Dome.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.