Trouble on Rocky Top

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
There seems to be an undercurrent of sentiment among Bama fans to let bygones be bygones with Tennessee. To those who feel that way, I suggest you pick up a copperhead and tell it you want to have a healthy rivalry.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Tennessee is our main rival, and I'd never want our main rival to ever win a game. I hope we extended our winning streak until the end of the earth.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I will say this, the only fans that called me after the Ole Miss loss were Tennessee fans to rub it in. Anyone that knows me knows I have never been one flaunt Bama wins so it was unprovoked. I have lived in Tennessee for many years and their fan base ranks as one of the most classless that I have encountered. They all hate Bama more than they love UT winning. Just imagine living with a bunch of mini Phil Fulmers.

I am glad their program lives in the gutter now.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I will admit to being one that remembers the healthy rivalry before, have some good Tennessee fan friends who do too. I get the reason and the animosity and agree with it to a point. I do still have some hope that in time we will have mutual respect again, apparently that takes more than a few decades.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I will admit to being one that remembers the healthy rivalry before, have some good Tennessee fan friends who do too. I get the reason and the animosity and agree with it to a point. I do still have some hope that time will build a mutually respectful time again, apparently that takes more than a few decades.
I remember going to Neyland and having chicken bones from eaten buffalo wings thrown at me and my friends by Tennessee fans. Is that the old rivalry you are taking about? At least it's better than the empty pint bottle that was thrown at one of my friend's heads at Mississippi State the same year.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I remember going to Neyland and having chicken bones from eaten buffalo wings thrown at me and my friends by Tennessee fans. Is that the old rivalry you are taking about? At least it's better than the empty pint bottle that was thrown at one of my friend's heads at Mississippi State the same year.
Well it has been a while. I think game day environments are deteriorating everywhere and that includes Bryant Denny. Others are worse IMO, but that always depends on the side you are on.

For the most part I was talking about friendly banter through out the year, but yes, I used to enjoy going there.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Well it has been a while. I think game day environments are deteriorating everywhere and that includes Bryant Denny. Others are worse IMO, but that always depends on the side you are on.

For the most part I was talking about friendly banter through out the year, but yes, I used to enjoy going there.
Completely agree with you on your assessment of game day venues / environments deteriorating across the board....

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I hope we can work hard to keep the atmosphere at Bama on game days fun and friendly to everyone. I want all opposing fans to feel welcome and have a good time. (Except, of course, for them losing the game).
Class is the Bama way.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Seems like our enemy to the North earned one of these threads too. I was going to post about the "Butch Jones punched a player and the teammates didn't appreciate it" rumor that has been circulating but thought better of just copy and pasting internet rumors. Then Butch Jones responded to them today (denying it) and I figured that gave it the weight worthy to post on here.

Talk about a hype machine falling apart quick. Still kinda worried about the Volunteer wounded animal coming into Tuscaloosa at the end of the month but they might be a complete wreck by then.
Appears to be true. Link

Tennessee coach Butch Jones was involved in what a source called a “physical altercation” with an offensive lineman during fall camp.

Jones called the allegations “absolutely ridiculous” during his weekly Monday news conference, but a source close to the program said Jones and senior offensive lineman Mack Crowder were involved and that the incident was captured on the practice film that day.

The incident occurred during fall camp, about the time that news started to come out about a few offensive linemen who were considering stepping away from the program. Crowder walked off the practice field one day and missed a day or two of practice, and Brett Kendrick and Dylan Wiesman were said to be contemplating their futures. Sources say the players’ actions stemmed from an incident between Jones and Crowder.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Appears to be true. Link
If true, I would think to what degree was the "physical altercation" will be a determining factor as to whether or not they will fire Jones.
If he punched the kid he is out, but if it was a push/shove type thing I could see them disciplining him.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.