Trouble on Rocky Top

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Appears to be true. Link
Tennessee coach Butch Jones was involved in what a source called a “physical altercation” with an offensive lineman during fall camp.

Jones called the allegations “absolutely ridiculous” during his weekly Monday news conference, but a source close to the program said Jones and senior offensive lineman Mack Crowder were involved and that the incident was captured on the practice film that day.

The incident occurred during fall camp, about the time that news started to come out about a few offensive linemen who were considering stepping away from the program. Crowder walked off the practice field one day and missed a day or two of practice, and Brett Kendrick and Dylan Wiesman were said to be contemplating their futures. Sources say the players’ actions stemmed from an incident between Jones and Crowder.
I can't read this without picturing Sgt. Carter standing in front of Gomer Pyle screaming and blowing his stack.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Auburn is Alabama's main rival. NOT Tennessee. I don't ever want UThug to be good or competitive again.
I guess that depends on who you ask. Auburn never mattered until recently. We spent over 40 years not playing them. The only reason we did was because state legislation forced us to.

I grew up 1 mile from the TN border during the Fulmer years. I never had a problem with AU fans growing up. I've ALWAYS had a problem with UT fans. I was heckled from the time I learned to walk until the day Saban took over.

We've played Tennesse 96 times, we've played AU 79 times. UT tried to shut us down.

Auburn is a nuisance. UT is a blight on our existence.

Tennessee is our main rival.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Auburn is Alabama's main rival. NOT Tennessee. I don't ever want UThug to be good or competitive again.
Can't agree here. I grew up in Killen, under 20 miles from the state line, have cousins who are barners and ut fans. They're all about equal in my mind. Tolerable when we're winning...

fourbama

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
He Gone!

Well it appears the so called savior of the Tennessee football program is in some deep do if you know what I mean. People on rocky top were singing his praises before the season and now they are ready to run him out of town. If this mess with him punching a player proves to be true he will be out of their quicker than Kiffin. I wish I could feel sorry for those orange clad morons but it just isn't in me after all the suffering they and the Great pumpkin Fullmer caused the Tide.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: He Gone!

Nice teaser title.

Now, let's move this to the thread already discussing the issues in Knoxville.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Same here - I'm from Florence and Tenn is our main rival. I grew up around many, many Tenn fans, alumni and kids, who's dads played at Tenn. I loathe them.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I guess that depends on who you ask. Auburn never mattered until recently. We spent over 40 years not playing them. The only reason we did was because state legislation forced us to.

I grew up 1 mile from the TN border during the Fulmer years. I never had a problem with AU fans growing up. I've ALWAYS had a problem with UT fans. I was heckled from the time I learned to walk until the day Saban took over.

We've played Tennesse 96 times, we've played AU 79 times. UT tried to shut us down.

Auburn is a nuisance. UT is a blight on our existence.

Tennessee is our main rival.
It really does matter where and when. I did some growing up in the Shoals area until my family moved away. I had some of the same experiences with TN fans, but I also had some friendly good ones. Times changed. Now some of the younger fans insist that LSU is our main rival. I will always see it as Tennessee in the SEC, but it does change with time.

That said, as a kid growing up Texas and Notre Dame were who I always considered our main rivals. It was always about the national stage and the bowl games with me. Losing to them (whether in a game or the polls) hurt more for me than anyone in the SEC. Winning against both of them in NC games are two of the most satisfying games for me in the Saban era.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
And things just got worse. Butch announces senior WR Pig Howard is dismissed from the team.
ouch. things are about to get ugly in knoxvegas.

but, i could see jawjuh getting a full head of cockiness with all of the problems going on up there and dropping the game ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
but, i could see jawjuh getting a full head of cockiness with all of the problems going on up there and dropping the game ;)
I suspect UGA will grind UT into the dirt this Saturday. They still have a lot to play for and they're going to walk into Neyland ticked off...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.