Trouble on Rocky Top

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I never have had a huge problem with Tennessee. I also grew up in Florence and my parents were friends with a number of Tennessee grads (most of whom worked at TVA) and they were nice people. I also live in Knoxville for eight years and enjoyed my time there.

That being said, I have zero use for Fat Phil Fullofmanure. And I will always hate the barn.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For those talking about the rivalry, I always felt Tennessee was more of a hatred and auburn was a rivalry. I grew up hating Tennessee and disliking auburn. I know this isn't going to be popular but the Tennessee streak of 7 against us was worse than the auburn six. I always felt the sanctions factored into losing 6 against the boogs which ironically points back to Tennessee. I hope we hang 50 on them in two weeks

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
For those talking about the rivalry, I always felt Tennessee was more of a hatred and auburn was a rivalry. I grew up hating Tennessee and disliking auburn. I know this isn't going to be popular but the Tennessee streak of 7 against us was worse than the auburn six. I always felt the sanctions that we got factored into losing 6 against the boogs which ironically points back to Tennessee. I hope we hang 50 on them in two weeks
I think it depends on what part of the state you grew up in. I grew up in Opelika, so my feelings are exact opposite of yours. I hate auburn and strongly dislike Tennessee. But I get your feelings totally...:cool:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think it depends on what part of the state you grew up in. I grew up in Opelika, so my feelings are exact opposite of yours. I hate auburn and strongly dislike Tennessee. But I get your feelings totally...:cool:
Well, living 3 blocks and one door down from jhs would make any bama fan absolutely hate auburn more. I think age and geography plays a huge factor in who you hate more. Growing up the auburn 80s run was over and stallings was 5-2 against them, dubose was 2-2, and Fran was 1-1. I lived in between bama and auburn and the barners around me weren't bad until 04 and 05. The 95 ut game still makes me sicker than the 10 and 13 iron bowls. Something about Phil fulmer has me still hating ut.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
auburn is the in-state rival.

tennessee is the cross-division/state border rival.

I HATE ORANGE

All others are wannabe rivals.

Last edited:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I don't like either one of them. The thing about it is, I used to respect both of them in the 70's when CPB was ruling the World. I tried to carry on with that, but Phat Phil and the 'Thumb +1' has me forever hoping neither of them ever win another game (unless a single win by them against an opponent other than Bama would allow Bama to achieve another Championship).

Roll Tide!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I grew up pretty much with the barn as our main hated rival. I used to respect the ut rivalry and their program. That all changed for me when fat Phil came along. He was so smug and thought he had put Bama "out of business".
We know that most of his success came when we were saddled with sanctions but I hate Tennessee now and have no respect for that program and never will again.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Still trying to figure out how "Pig" Howard ended up at Tennessee. Seems with the nickname "Pig", he would have made him a shoo-in for Arkansas. (or maybe that should be a "sooie-in")

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Still trying to figure out how "Pig" Howard ended up at Tennessee. Seems with the nickname "Pig", he would have made him a shoo-in for Arkansas. (or maybe that should be a "sooie-in")
Well, Booger McFarland went to LSU instead of Auburn. So it happens.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

UTK Chancellor: No proof of Jones' wrongdoing

“There’s been a lot of rumor and misinformation on social media and message boards about an alleged incident during football practice,” Cheek said during the meeting. “It’s not our practice to respond to rumors, but I thought it was important to let you know that we’ve done our due diligence and Dave Hart and I are very confident there was no inappropriate conduct with any players or coaches.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.