Trouble on Rocky Top

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
I think it depends on what part of the state you grew up in. I grew up in Opelika, so my feelings are exact opposite of yours. I hate auburn and strongly dislike Tennessee. But I get your feelings totally...:cool:
Try living in Memphis surrounded by the Ole Miss faithful. According to them, the "Rebals" need to leave the SEC and go straight to the NFL so that they can teach the Green Bay Packers a lesson or two.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Try living in Memphis surrounded by the Ole Miss faithful. According to them, the "Rebals" need to leave the SEC and go straight to the NFL so that they can teach the Green Bay Packers a lesson or two.
I've lived in Alabama and Tennessee and I've seen the worst of both fan bases, but even on his worst day a Vol fan knows you roll your enemies trees rather than your own.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Its funny but appropriate. The million dollar bands first song at halftime at the ULM was Smoke from a Distant Fire by Sanford Towsend Band. A 70;*****.... look like ole butch better get out the water hose.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So Chancellor Cheek (funny...sounds like a medical condition similar to diaper rash) says that they don't respond to rumors and things on social media BUT......

My dear old dad use to always say "The bit dog always barks.". Sounds like the Chancellor may be doing some barking.

(Honey...while you're at the drug store could you pick me up some Broudreaux's Butt Paste? I think I've got a bad case of chancellor cheek.)

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
So Chancellor Cheek (funny...sounds like a medical condition similar to diaper rash) says that they don't respond to rumors and things on social media BUT......

My dear old dad use to always say "The bit dog always barks.". Sounds like the Chancellor may be doing some barking.

(Honey...while you're at the drug store could you pick me up some Broudreaux's Butt Paste? I think I've got a bad case of chancellor cheek.)
Maybe Cheek got Butch slapped!

Now he scared!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I guess that depends on who you ask. Auburn never mattered until recently. We spent over 40 years not playing them. The only reason we did was because state legislation forced us to.

I grew up 1 mile from the TN border during the Fulmer years. I never had a problem with AU fans growing up. I've ALWAYS had a problem with UT fans. I was heckled from the time I learned to walk until the day Saban took over.

We've played Tennesse 96 times, we've played AU 79 times. UT tried to shut us down.

Auburn is a nuisance. UT is a blight on our existence.

Tennessee is our main rival.
Can't agree here. I grew up in Killen, under 20 miles from the state line, have cousins who are barners and ut fans. They're all about equal in my mind. Tolerable when we're winning...
Well I'm only 26. Yes I remember the 90's and early 00's. UThug started the 7 game winning streak when I was in kindergarten in 1995 and Bama wouldn't break it until in was in the 7th grade in 2002. However I grew up in Birmingham/Hoover meaning I dealt with FAR MORE barner fans than vile fans. Also the barn began their 6 game winning streak that same year in '02 and it wouldn't be broken until '08 when I had graduated high school. Don't get me wrong, I will always have a special hatred for UThug but AU is instate and I still have to deal with them more than I do viles.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.