Trouble on Rocky Top

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I am wondering if Butch Jones is a somewhat decent coach Sunday through Friday, but an awful coach on Saturdays.

Or, if he is another Keystone Cop Muschamp as a head coach....

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It seems like I can recall 3-4 games in the past few years where the Vols almost won, and then lost right at the end.

And I enjoyed every minute of it.
Yeah, and I thought they would get over the hump a bit this year and win 8 or 9 games, but things aren't looking good right now. Of course, UT has always had an easy back end of the schedule, so they could still finish on a roll and get to a bowl game.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah, I get to live up here with them. They are not all off the bus yet, but they are lining up at the exits.

After the Oklahoma loss there was a lot of talk about the Sooners being a good team, Butch will get things cleaned up/learn his lesson/focus on finishing, etc. This week, a lot of it is "we blew a lead to a not-very-good Arkansas team, something needs to change."

If Georgia goes to Knoxville on Saturday and beats them, which I think they will, it's going to be an ugly bye week for Butch. I hate how that game falls on our schedule, the week after A&M, who are off this Saturday, we get UcheaT, which will also have an off week. Butch may view that game as trying to save his job. Of course, if UGA blows them out, which Richt now will have motivation to do, Butch may lose this team.
i think whoever the loser is this saturday in knoxville, the wheels will start coming off. uga seems very fragile right now, even more so than normal

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
True, but it is very difficult to lure good assistant coaches when you are standing on such a slippery slope. No prospective assistant coach wants to go there and end up going down with Butch's ship, which seems probable at this point. Anyway, all I care about is beating them in a few weeks.
muschamp seems gullible ;)

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I hope hope Tennessee wonders though the wilderness for another 50 years because of what they tried to do to our University. They deserve every bit of it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Here are the numbers:

CDD:
2010: 6-7
2011: 5-7
2012: 5-7 (3-2 after five games)
Total after five games of third season: 14-16

CBJ:
2013: 5-7
2014: 7-6
2015: 2-3
Total after five games of third season: 14-16

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Here's the list of powerhouses CBJ has defeated so far:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Dooley's wins were.....

UT Martin
UAB
Memphis
Ole Miss
Vandy (2)
Kentucky
Montana
NC State
Georgia State
Akron
Troy
Cincinnati
Buffalo
Middle Tennessee

Tennessee did beat Kentucky in 2012 under an interim coach. Dooley's signature win was over Cincinnati.

Anybody recall who the Bearcats coach was that day? :wink:

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I hope hope Tennessee wonders though the wilderness for another 50 years because of what they tried to do to our University. They deserve every bit of it.
It is so difficult to get over what Fulmer tried to pull off, lying about our coaches and telling prospects that Alabama would be out of business within a year. All of that backfired on him when the truth came out. He certainly tried every underhanded trick to bury us. What goes around comes around. Honestly, as time passes, I have softened a little because the old Rocky Top leadership is long gone. But, it is impossible to forget.
It amazes me that the UT fans have remained faithful year after year, continuing to fill that big stadium although their record is so poor.

Yeah, I get to live up here with them. They are not all off the bus yet, but they are lining up at the exits.

After the Oklahoma loss there was a lot of talk about the Sooners being a good team, Butch will get things cleaned up/learn his lesson/focus on finishing, etc. This week, a lot of it is "we blew a lead to a not-very-good Arkansas team, something needs to change."

If Georgia goes to Knoxville on Saturday and beats them, which I think they will, it's going to be an ugly bye week for Butch. I hate how that game falls on our schedule, the week after A&M, who are off this Saturday, we get UcheaT, which will also have an off week. Butch may view that game as trying to save his job. Of course, if UGA blows them out, which Richt now will have motivation to do, Butch may lose this team.
That's if he hasn't already lost them.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
The fact that Coach Mac has gone to Florida and raced out to 4-0 in his first year does nothing but fan the flames in Knoxville as well.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
The fact that Coach Mac has gone to Florida and raced out to 4-0 in his first year does nothing but fan the flames in Knoxville as well.
It never gets old seeing Tennessee lose. NEVER. I wish for them to lose all games for all eternity.

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
Code:
I actually wish Tennessee would get better. I still want to beat them every year, but I enjoyed it more when they were at least competitive. Now Auburn can continue to suck.
As a bama fan I don't understand the desire to see UT become competitive again. I would rather see that program in complete termoil for as long as possible and see if we can get to at least a 12 year win streak against them.

I believe part of the issues they are having is due to some key injuries. Plus they are a young team. Saw a satistic saying the had the second most fresh and soph of any ncaa team.

I would love love to see GA beat them this weekend just to see the reaction. But I don't know, GA may be a real head case for this game, especially at qb.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.