Link: Saban goes off at press conference

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ahhh yeah... I'm dead serious... Do you mean to tell me that you would just sit there and get blasted like that??
So the media can blast Saban or the players or the entire team but can't get it in return?

Again, the local guys didn't think anything of it. They know how Saban works.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Ahhh yeah... I'm dead serious... Do you mean to tell me that you would just sit there and get blasted like that?? I don't always agree with the media, but why not direct it towards the offending parties? That reporter's questions WAS NOT an unreasonable one... If anyone really believes that his question was a bad one, then you're blinded by hero worship of CNS...
Media blast Saban: That's ok, he should take it.

Saban blast Media: He's a jerk!

Am I getting this right?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
So the media can blast Saban or the players or the entire team but can't get it in return?

Again, the local guys didn't think anything of it. They know how Saban works.
I read somewhere else that is was Dunaway who asked the question. Isn't he still connected somehow with the program?

tidegrandpa

All-American
Ahhh yeah... I'm dead serious... Do you mean to tell me that you would just sit there and get blasted like that?? I don't always agree with the media, but why not direct it towards the offending parties? That reporter's questions WAS NOT an unreasonable one... If anyone really believes that his question was a bad one, then you're blinded by hero worship of CNS...

Guilty as charged and proud of it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree that the message delivered by Saban had nothing to do with the question. I think that Saban went into that presser looking for a spot to say those words and send his team that message.

That said - Saban made it very clear what he thinks of the media in that small outburst, and I would bet that most of us share his sentiments. Most reporters are not really trying to do anything but advance themselves and their careers - and they don't care who they help or hurt to accomplish that. There are exceptions - but they are few.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Mooooooo!

[Darn it, where's that cow emoticon???]

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ahhh yeah... I'm dead serious... Do you mean to tell me that you would just sit there and get blasted like that??
So yah, the reporter take a shot there, or in writing, and loses access to the pressers. Gotcha.

If anyone really believes that his question was a bad one, then you're blinded by hero worship of CNS...
LOL, anyone who knows me knows there's zero chance of hero worship of Saban. But go ahead and stick to your guns over this one...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
All the responses to this will do enough said.

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
So yah, the reporter take a shot there, or in writing, and loses access to the pressers. Gotcha.

LOL, anyone who knows me knows there's zero chance of hero worship of Saban. But go ahead and stick to your guns over this one...

So that's how it works? Sit there with your tail between your legs or you lose access to the press conferences.. Sorry but that's pathetic... I love what CNS has done with the program but bullying local reporters makes him look like a word that rhymes with bass... I would have much more respect if he just came out and said, "THIS IS DIRECTED TOWARDS THOSE MEDIA MEMBERS THAT BLASTED THE TEAM"..

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Saw it on Finebaum....thought it was great!

IMHO if CNS goes off on someone....you can pretty well bet they deserved it!

As to those on this forum.....to be honest...I was impressed on how well (most) everyone took the loss and kept everything in perspective.
I thought it was taken better by folks here than the Ole Miss loss and the Arkansas win was taken last year actually. It was almost laughable in how Ole Miss won with the gifts. Stuff happens.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Ummmmm when did that reporter blast Saban?
I think that you are confused if you think that the answer was directed only at that reporter. His use of the words "you" and "you guys" were clearly used in a much broader context. He was not attacking that reporter - he was just using the question as an opportunity to say something that he thought was important that his team hear. That they had better stop listening to what they hear in the media about themselves or their opponents.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So that's how it works? Sit there with your tail between your legs or you lose access to the press conferences.. Sorry but that's pathetic... I love what CNS has done with the program but bullying local reporters makes him look like a word that rhymes with bass... I would have much more respect if he just came out and said, "THIS IS DIRECTED TOWARDS THOSE MEDIA MEMBERS THAT BLASTED THE TEAM"..
Nick Saban has been the coach at Alabama for 9 seasons now. We all should know the routine by now.

1. Rant in Monday press conference
2. Rant goes viral
3. Rant seems planned
4. Rant doesn't seem directed at fans or majority of media
5. Rant is directed at players.

No one in the media was surprised by the incident. I've had problems with some of Saban's rants in the past. Yesterday's rant did not make Nick Saban look like a butt unless you expect your coach to just stand up and give constant coach speak.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
To be fair I did think Saban was a jerk when he was at LSU and doing some of the same things. I have come to appreciate what he is trying to do in these things. Some people get their feelings hurt, sometimes he does go a little too far, maybe a lot too far. In the end it usually has the desired positive effect. I have yet to see where the effect was a negative for the team or the university.

I admit it is probably a case of yes he is 'fill in the blank', but he's our 'fill in the blank'.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.