Link: Saban goes off at press conference

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I didn't have a problem with it. He's sticking up for his team. And he took a moment to say the fans matter. To a lot of people, that means something.

For as closely as many on here follow Alabama football, it's clear that CNS manipulates the media, controls the message, and has a close eye on anyone's access to the team.

My only gripe, as a rabid fan, is that his pressers are too short. Compared to many of his contemporaries, CNS is relatively stingy with his time at the podium.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I didn't have a problem with it. He's sticking up for his team. And he took a moment to say the fans matter. To a lot of people, that means something.

For as closely as many on here follow Alabama football, it's clear that CNS manipulates the media, controls the message, and has a close eye on anyone's access to the team.

My only gripe, as a rabid fan, is that his pressers are too short. Compared to many of his contemporaries, CNS is relatively stingy with his time at the podium.
He's gotta go croot.

tmv85

All-SEC
To be fair I did think Saban was a jerk when he was at LSU and doing some of the same things. I have come to appreciate what he is trying to do in these things. Some people get their feelings hurt, sometimes he does go a little too far, maybe a lot too far. In the end it usually has the desired positive effect. I have yet to see where the effect was a negative for the team or the university.

I admit it is probably a case of yes he is 'fill in the blank', but he's our 'fill in the blank'.
This. When he was at LSU and I saw only clips of his pressers when he went on a rant, I thought he was a huge jerk. I never watched or listened to one of his entire press conferences until he came to Bama. Now, I get it. How many times has he addressed a situation and said he wouldn't say anything more about it, and the next question was a veiled attempt to get him to address it again? Over the years, it has become obvious that his rants aren't "just" rants. He has a purpose for them. It's a silly thought, but at times, I have actually wondered if some of the questions asked were intentionally planned just so he could address a particular matter.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This. When he was at LSU and I saw only clips of his pressers when he went on a rant, I thought he was a huge jerk. I never watched or listened to one of his entire press conferences until he came to Bama. Now, I get it. How many times has he addressed a situation and said he wouldn't say anything more about it, and the next question was a veiled attempt to get him to address it again? Over the years, it has become obvious that his rants aren't "just" rants. He has a purpose for them. It's a silly thought, but at times, I have actually wondered if some of the questions asked were intentionally planned just so he could address a particular matter.
Does he have a plant in the media to ask those kind of questions? I think maybe he does. That's just part of The PROCESS!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.