Duke Williams kicked off the team

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And confirmation of what was reported yesterday...

Duke Williams punched 4 people during rampage at Auburn bar, witness says

D'haquille "Duke" Williams punched two security guards, a bartender assistant and another unidentified patron of a bar in Auburn following the football team's win over San Jose State, according to an employee who spoke exclusively to AL.com.

The employee requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the incident.

According to the witness, the incident was sparked when a member of Williams' party was kicked out of Skybar for wearing sunglasses inside, a violation of the bar's dress code policy. Williams, who the witness said appeared intoxicated, attempted to get his friend back into the bar using his local celebrity status only to be denied.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Trying to play the "you know who I am" card in trying to get his ejected friend back into the bar. Why? Because why the heck not. Of course Duke would play this card. Now I LOVE that the victims gave Auburn the ultimatum of punishing Duke Williams or face a lawsuit.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
when did this happen? during the off-season? edit: See the part about "after their win over San Jose State" now.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
At the very least, he can sign with an agent and start training for the NFL. Somebody will give him a shot.

Bet he's kicking himself for coming back now, though.
My ex coworker (barn grad) who's brother is close to the program said the same thing when he got suspended at the start of camp. He was trouble and the baggage he was dragging around was going to bring him down probably before the season ended; he was right.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Serious questions. Are things a little more lax regarding marijuana over there?

Get caught with a quarter over here and you're going to jail.
not quite sure. im guessing if you are caught with a 1/4 or even less amounts, you're probably spending the night in the pokey, especially if it is part of a traffic stop. but i imagine the severity depends on who it is who catches you, where you are caught and who you are. i dont get the feeling that simple possession is a priority

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
not quite sure. im guessing if you are caught with a 1/4 or even less amounts, you're probably spending the night in the pokey, especially if it is part of a traffic stop. but i imagine the severity depends on who it is who catches you, where you are caught and who you are. i dont get the feeling that simple possession is a priority
It's not here either - smaller towns may be different, but getting caught with a small amount and NO OTHER VIOLATION here usually results in the LE's getting free stash.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I'm still hoping that some reporter will find out how AU "talked" Duke Williams into returning for his senior season when he was already projected as a high round draft pick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.