Duke Williams kicked off the team

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
If the employees press charges it could cause problems for the establishment. Barn students and fans might not take kindly to trouble for a player and stop going there.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
If the employees press charges it could cause problems for the establishment. Barn students and fans might not take kindly to trouble for a player and stop going there.
Do you have to press charges for public intoxication, disturbing the peace, etc? NO

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Do we know he was drunk?

Being in a fight doesn't qualify as disturbing the peace.
Wes Sinor, AL.com: I spoke to an employee at the bar. He kind of broke down everything. I talk to him for a little bit. Basically, whe said happened was Duke was there with a bunch of people. One of his friends was wearing sunglasses in the bar and was asked to leave. That's a violation of the bar's dress code policy. The source told me that Duke appeared intoxicated and was harrassing the bouncers trying to get his friend back in and then basically that's what kind of sparked the fight where he punched a couple of bouncers, he punched a bar back or bartender's assistant and then another person at the bar. So he punched about four people trying to get back inside, and they wouldn't let him. Police, I'm told, were there. There was no police report filed. I guess one of the victim's, according to the witness, wanted to press charges against Duke unless he was disciplined by the team, and obviously he was.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I'm surprised that the police didn't give the person who wanted to press charges the FSU Jamis warning. You know if it becomes public you press charges it would be taken very well by the people in the smelliest village on tha plains.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Regardless if charges were filed or not, there should still be a full police report. No?
Generally no, there would not be an incident report. For the most part, LE in Alabama cannot make an arrest for a misdemeanor not committed in their presence (Domestic violence is an exception). They write an incident report, the victim takes it to the magistrate, gives their statement, and then an arrest warrant is issued.

Cops get called to a simple fight.
Fight is over when they arrive.
If nobody wants to press charges, that is pretty much it. Cops tell everybody to go their seperate ways and get back in service.
There will be a record in whatever type of dispatching call log they use, but there will not be a formal report.

Happens dozens if not hundreds of times all across Alabama every weekend.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
but wait, we're not done

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/report_auburn_lineman_xavier_d.html#incart_2box

Auburn reserve center Xavier Dampeer suffered an injured jaw after being punched during a bar fight in Auburn last weekend, according to Alabama News Network.

A source told the network Dampeer was one of four people attacked by former Auburn wide receiver D'haquille "Duke" Williams, who went on a rampage in an Auburn bar after Saturday's win over San Jose State. AL.com could not confirm whether a teammate was involved in the fight.

When asked Tuesday if any other players were involved in the incident, Tigers head coach Gus Malzahn said, "I'm not going to get into any details."

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
That's how they run such a clean program. Loose lips sink ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just wondering if Duke was reciting "The Auburn Creed" as he was punching all those folks, even a former teammate? You know, because they are about "fambly" and being "Awbren Men".....

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The story from al.com really illustrates the poor state of journalism today. They relay a rumor AND the fact that evidence would seem to contradict certain parts of the rumor being relayed. It's all about the clicks now, I guess.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
No patient record at the hospital where teammate was treated. How does that happen?
Not unusual. Could easily have been treated under an alias. Hospitals are not obligated to report such information. I know of dozens cases where people of note or celebrities are treated or hospitalized a under a different name.

Makes it easy for the administrator or public relations department to say "we haven't any record of someone by that name being treated here."

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
No patient record at the hospital where teammate was treated. How does that happen?
Its called HIPPA and Privacy. The hospital cannot release any information about patients without you permission its a private facility. So EAMC just followed the law. The big thing is where is the police report and were they not called. And the aubarn coach refusing to talk about it.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
Its called HIPPA and Privacy. The hospital cannot release any information about patients without you permission its a private facility. So EAMC just followed the law. The big thing is where is the police report and were they not called. And the aubarn coach refusing to talk about it.
Isn't there a difference between no record of being treated and I can't comment on that because of HIPPA? No record means he wasn't there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.