Duke Williams kicked off the team

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Has anyone read Duke's apology today? Wow is all I can say. An upper class college student with that kind of writing skills. Thats pretty embarrassing. But not surprised at all in todays student athletes. This has become the norm across the country.

"I just wanna thank Auburn for everything they done for me and the people that helped me I made mistake after mistake so it's only right I blame myself... I just wanna say sorry to my family my teammates and the auburn family/fans... Everybody love you when Yu on top but once you hit the bottom all the negativity come out but it's only human I wish my brothers the best of luck the rest of the season do work... Ima miss everything about AU from friends to teammates especially the fans but I can't hold back I got to live life I'm going get everything that I desire know matter what nobody or nothing will stop me from achieving my dreams and goals it's human I will learn from my mistakes #WDE"

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Let's not get on him about his writing skills...Not the least of concern right now. At least, he apologized.
I commend him for making an apology when he had no one forcing him to do so. And I was not picking on him specifically. More the state of big time college students not being able to write one paragraph without countless grammatical errors. I know its a sign of the times. Just sad.

He was not posting on a chat thread. This was his official public apology. Reading the statement just shows the lack of understanding of basic english skills many highly skilled athletes possess today.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Everybody love you when Yu on top but once you hit the bottom all the negativity come/FONT]

An apology? That line above just cancels it out IMO. He's basically saying that if they were undefeated he'd still be on the team. I don't think he understands what he did.

Anything longer than 40 characters just confuses kids these days, thank twitter. Punctuation man, it's not that hard to learn.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I commend him for making an apology when he had no one forcing him to do so. And I was not picking on him specifically. More the state of big time college students not being able to write one paragraph without countless grammatical errors. I know its a sign of the times. Just sad.

He was not posting on a chat thread. This was his official public apology. Reading the statement just shows the lack of understanding of basic english skills many highly skilled athletes possess today.
It's sad when a middle school student can't write a paragraph. When a "college" student can't do it, it is a pathetic indication of what has been deemed important by a society. As some have noted, though, he did at least take the time to apologize.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Let's not get on him about his writing skills...Not the least of concern right now. At least, he apologized.
Meh, this probably more about damage control and trying to get drafted than anything else. When the first two lines of your "heartfelt" apology are about owning up to your mistakes and the rest is about you, your struggle, and your goals - it is really about YOU.

He was probably urged to do this by an agent.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You honestly believe that horsecrap? If so, I have $10 million that your Great Great Grandfather Eddie from Iowa that he left you. I just need your social, back account number and routing number to get it to you and a small processing fee of $5,000 to cover our costs of finding you.

He is doing nothing buy trying to save face to get drafted. It's also not like this was his "first" problem down there either.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Has anyone read Duke's apology today? Wow is all I can say. An upper class college student with that kind of writing skills. Thats pretty embarrassing. But not surprised at all in todays student athletes. This has become the norm across the country.

"I just wanna thank Auburn for everything they done for me and the people that helped me I made mistake after mistake so it's only right I blame myself... I just wanna say sorry to my family my teammates and the auburn family/fans... Everybody love you when Yu on top but once you hit the bottom all the negativity come out but it's only human I wish my brothers the best of luck the rest of the season do work... Ima miss everything about AU from friends to teammates especially the fans but I can't hold back I got to live life I'm going get everything that I desire know matter what nobody or nothing will stop me from achieving my dreams and goals it's human I will learn from my mistakes #WDE"
What if he couldn't even write this? How do we know that he didn't get somebody else to do this for him because he couldn't do it himself?

Brent Fullwood was on a first grade reading level his second year at awbern. (I know that as fact, by the way.)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
You honestly believe that horsecrap? If so, I have $10 million that your Great Great Grandfather Eddie from Iowa that he left you. I just need your social, back account number and routing number to get it to you and a small processing fee of $5,000 to cover our costs of finding you.

He is doing nothing buy trying to save face to get drafted. It's also not like this was his "first" problem down there either.
Nailed it, 230!!!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I always look for one thing in an apology. Let me say this to Duke: You are not sorry or you would have taken the blame instead of using the "mistake after mistake" excuse. The first might have been a mistake but the rest were NOT mistakes. YOU KNEW you were breaking rules. Liar.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
There's a clear difference between a mistake and a poor choice, and Duke and Hillary have confused the two.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.