Duke Williams kicked off the team

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Unfortunately, they usually don't learn their lessons. Didn't the honey badger spend an entire season off the LSU team? He is currently in the NFL and isn't he starting?

I am sure he will end up on a team. It just shows the kids that even if they screw up...you can still have a NFL career. They won't get paid as much...but still get a good paycheck.

The more talent you have.....the more you get away with. (Ahem....Winston)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
He'll get a shot in the NFL. The confusing part is why did he come back? He was projected to go in the first or second round, if you have a bad attitude or something, wouldn't that make you in that much more of a hurry to get paid? It just... it makes one wonder what exactly is going on over there.

But, getting kicked off the team at this point is a bad look for everyone. By all accounts he should have been kicked off before the season started, but instead he stayed in as some kind of zombie Duke Williams that really wasn't doing much out there.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It was only a matter of time. I was just in shock when he announced that he was coming back. I just find it amusing that Aubs on AUFAMILY and ITAT had the nerve to say that he (and even Coates) was just as good or better than Amari Cooper. Williams is nowhere near on Cooper's level.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1810774

Bar Fight

Duke Williams already has caught his last pass in an Auburn uniform.

The enigmatic receiver was dismissed from the team Monday after an off-the-field incident at a local nightclub during the weekend. The senior already was on a zero-tolerance policy with coach Gus Malzahn after drawing a suspension late last season, which kept Williams out of the Outback Bowl, and a second suspension in early August following a preseason practice session.

This third strike ended Williams' Auburn tenure.

- See more at: https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1810774#sthash.oQEK6gaS.dpuf

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
He'll get a shot in the NFL. The confusing part is why did he come back? He was projected to go in the first or second round, if you have a bad attitude or something, wouldn't that make you in that much more of a hurry to get paid? It just... it makes one wonder what exactly is going on over there.

But, getting kicked off the team at this point is a bad look for everyone. By all accounts he should have been kicked off before the season started, but instead he stayed in as some kind of zombie Duke Williams that really wasn't doing much out there.
He came back because he got suspended for the Bowl Game. Someone probably told him that his draft stock was hurt by the suspension and coming back could improve that. It was pretty clear to me that he didnt want to return

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
It was only a matter of time. I was just in shock when he announced that he was coming back. I just find it amusing that Aubs on AUFAMILY and ITAT had the nerve to say that he (and even Coates) was just as good or better than Amari Cooper. Williams is nowhere near on Cooper's level.
Uh, my home forum is AUFamily, and I can tell you that was certainly not the majority opinion. A few of the loons believed it, though, as loons are prone to do.

EDIT: ITAT on the other hand, I can believe.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Uh, my home forum is AUFamily, and I can tell you that was certainly not the majority opinion. A few of the loons believed it, though, as loons are prone to do.

EDIT: ITAT on the other hand, I can believe.
My bad I should have put the emphasis more on ITAT...

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Apparently he was a tough kid from a tougher place and he just couldn't stop beating the crap out of anyone who looked at him sideways. Most recently sent a 7' cageball player of Pearl's to the hospital. Should have left last year but the coaches knew they needed him and prob thought he could benefit from another year in the bucolic Plains away from the war-zone in which he was "raised". He's one of those guys who "never had a chance", filled with so much rage that he excelled on the field and made all the coaches sympathize and want to help him. Sad story.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
I'm guessing arbitration on the renegotiation of Duke's contract with *U failed. Moving on, SNASS.....
😂😂😂😂😂

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I don't believe that anybody who follows auburn is surprised by this; however am somewhat surprised that it took this long. The team will be better off without him.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So here's my angle. Malzahn sees the season going into the tank and by dismissing a somewhat troubled member of the team that doesn't seem to give a rip, he's showing he's in complete control of the dumpster fire. It's like he's feeling the pressure from the PTB and needed to do something to look like he's trying to save the sinking ship.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Well, at least he didn't get kicked off the team for not attending class. Having said that, does that even happen at West GA U? My guess is his contract probably said that class attendance was purely optional. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.