Question: Is Ole Miss bad enough to lose 3 games this year?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
If ole miss drops another sec game and bama wins out bama wins the west. Or if a three way tie happens and bama is ranked higher, bama wins the west
The ranked higher is no longer a tie breaker. First tie breaker is obviously head to head. After that it goes to record in your division then a couple more which are all the same as they were before. The final tie breaker which used to be ranking has been replaced with the combined record of your 2 non division opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I think the real question is will bama lose another sec game. tough games A&M, lsu, tenn and miss st.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
And the barn...don't forget them. We ALWAYS get their best game...and it's there, right? Weird crap happens there...
Don't forget the Hogs, either. The NEXT game is the most important game this week. I hope the Bama players are totally FOCUSED.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I said it then (when Ole Miss shot up to 3rd and we fell to 12th) that Ole Miss is NOT that good and we are NOT that bad. FIVE turnovers, for goodness sakes, and we still could have won on one play. Ole Miss will lose at least one more and I suspect two more.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I don't think the bears are bad. I think they played their best game of the season against us (last two years) early in the season only to find out that beating Bama (which is everyone's priority) does not guarantee a championship season. They are a good team but just not good enough just yet. I see them losing again almost certainly.

This is a tough conference and you have to bring it every week. Right now, I see us as the only SEC team that can make it to the playoff and have some success in those last two games. We were close last year had we not run into a talented team that played a decidedly weaker conference schedule only having to get up for about 3 games all season.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Most of the talent at Ole Miss is from the 2013 class which will be drafted before next year. This is their best shot

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The ranked higher is no longer a tie breaker. First tie breaker is obviously head to head. After that it goes to record in your division then a couple more which are all the same as they were before. The final tie breaker which used to be ranking has been replaced with the combined record of your 2 non division opponents.

Actually the FINAL tie-breaker now is a coin flip.:rolleyes:

2. Three-Team Tie (or more): If three teams (or more) are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order: (Note: If one of the procedures results in one team being eliminated and two remaining, the two-team tiebreaker procedure as stated in No. 1 above will be used):
A. Combined head to head record among the tied teams;
B. Record of the tied teams within the division;
C. Head to head competition against the team within the division with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non divisional) and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place);
D. Overall Conference record against non divisional teams;
E. Combined record against all common non divisional teams;
F. Record against the common non divisional team with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non divisional) and proceeding through other common non divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division; and
G. Best cumulative Conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents (Note: If two teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, then the two-team tiebreaker procedures apply. If four teams are tied, and three teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, the three-team tiebreaker procedures will be used beginning with 2.A.);
Example (Western 1 would be the representative)
TIED TEAMSNON-DIVISIONAL OPPONENTS CUMULATIVE RECORD
Western 1Eastern Opponents: 14-2
Western 2Eastern Opponents: 12-4
Western 3Eastern Opponents: 8-8

H. Coin flip of the tied teams with the team with the odd result being the representative (Example: If there are two teams with tails and one team with heads, the team with heads is the representative).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I saw a clip on The Zone which is a 30 min sports show with local Bham media. It was Saban talking to Richt before the game and you could hear Saban say to Richt something like "we have not really played anybody either. Ole Miss is not that good and we gave away the game". I'm assuming Richt had said they had not played anybody yet to Saban. Saban knows OM is not that good and I foresee at least 2-3 more losses.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I expect Ole Miss to be stretched to the limit at Memphis. They may not lose but if they beat New Mexico State as bad as expected, then the spread will be such that Memphis will be the Underdog Lock of the Week. Memphis has two weeks to prepare. Ole Miss could be looking ahead to aTm.
That would be the definition of "Trap Game". Memphis is tough.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Ole Miss might not have 9 good men left on defense by the time they play LSU.

Last edited:

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I do Audio. I think they'll put nine men in the box, if they have to, to stop Fournette and dare LSU's QB to beat them.
A&M though, that's another matter.
That one's gonna be tough for anybody who plays them.
Sip I would normally agree with that assessment but I figured ole miss would win with that strategy last but they didn't. So I'm hoping it doesn't work again this year, but I bet it's gonna be the game plan.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Actually the FINAL tie-breaker now is a coin flip.:rolleyes:

2. Three-Team Tie (or more): If three teams (or more) are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order: (Note: If one of the procedures results in one team being eliminated and two remaining, the two-team tiebreaker procedure as stated in No. 1 above will be used):
A. Combined head to head record among the tied teams;
B. Record of the tied teams within the division;
C. Head to head competition against the team within the division with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non divisional) and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place);
D. Overall Conference record against non divisional teams;
E. Combined record against all common non divisional teams;
F. Record against the common non divisional team with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non divisional) and proceeding through other common non divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division; and
G. Best cumulative Conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents (Note: If two teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, then the two-team tiebreaker procedures apply. If four teams are tied, and three teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, the three-team tiebreaker procedures will be used beginning with 2.A.);
Example (Western 1 would be the representative)
TIED TEAMSNON-DIVISIONAL OPPONENTS CUMULATIVE RECORD
Western 1Eastern Opponents: 14-2
Western 2Eastern Opponents: 12-4
Western 3Eastern Opponents: 8-8

H. Coin flip of the tied teams with the team with the odd result being the representative (Example: If there are two teams with tails and one team with heads, the team with heads is the representative).
Yeah I forgot about the coin toss...

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
You missed my point - almost no one picked Florida. Players read their own press clippings. Ole Miss almost certainly read all of that and came into the game over-confident. They had just beaten Alabama and Florida was a team trying to find itself with a first year head coach. It impacted their performance.

That is what Saban was talking about in his presser rant. The media puts stuff into the heads of players, and it effects their play. He doesn't want his players listening to the press tell them how great they are after the GA win, just like he didn't want them to give up on themselves after the OM loss.
Right on the money!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.