Question: Is Ole Miss bad enough to lose 3 games this year?

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Isnt that what it will take for Alabama to go to the SECCG? They already have a loss to Florida, Now they need to lose 2 West Division games. Isnt that how it works? Please correct me if im wrong. I just dont see Ole Miss being a 3 loss team this year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Look at their schedule after New Mexico... They have potential to drop 2-3 games ... Texas A and M, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, MIss state. Auburn are horrible, but they can turn around at some point... who knows? Arkansas have come close to each wins this season. LSU is real good... They can handle Ole Miss. Miss State will owe them. SEC teams are beating each other up right now, so we may see multiple 2-3 losses team in this league.

We only need Ole Miss to lose one more game and we have a tiebreaker..... If LSU goes unbeaten when we play them.. winner will have tiebreaker and goes to SEC West championship.

Look at their schedule after New Mexico... They have potential to drop 2-3 games ... Texas A and M, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, MIss state. Auburn are horrible, but they can turn around at some point... who knows? Arkansas have come close to each wins this season. LSU is real good... They can handle Ole Miss. Miss State will owe them. SEC teams are beating each other up right now, so we may see multiple 2-3 losses team in this league.

We only need Ole Miss to lose one more game and we have a tiebreaker..... If LSU goes unbeaten when we play them.. winner will have tiebreaker and goes to SEC West championship.
I'm beginning to think you learned English in Great Britain. Ole Miss could lose 4 more times. Their season hinged on beating Bama, again they forgot about the rest of their games.

LSU/Alabama to represent the West and ultimately win the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
No, Ole Miss is not bad enough to lose 3 games this year.
They are bad enough to lose 4!!!
I still say they will lose to LSU, State and at the barn.
Yes, I know the barn is not good either.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Isnt that what it will take for Alabama to go to the SECCG? They already have a loss to Florida, Now they need to lose 2 West Division games. Isnt that how it works? Please correct me if im wrong. I just dont see Ole Miss being a 3 loss team this year.
Overall SEC record is used first so as others have stated, they just need to lose 1 more SEC game.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
They're a very good team that just didn't have it against Florida, who I consider to be slightly above average.
Ole Miss is built to face off with LSU and pretty much every other team they play. The one exception is Texas A&M who spreads it all over the field. Of course the home team in the EGG bowl normally wins as well.
I'd pick them to go 9-3.
What we've got to worry about though is winning OUR games and not worrying about them.
sip

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Ole Miss is the least of our worries. They will lose 2 or 3 more times, at least. We choked the game away against them - plain and simple. Any team that gains 5 turnovers, scores 24 off those turnovers, and only wins by 6 is not a great team.

Our concern is handling the rest of our schedule starting this week.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Ole Miss could lose 3. They lost 4 of their last 6 to close out last year, including being shut out by a bad Arkansas team. They still have aTm, LSU, MSU and Arkansas left to play. They could easily lose 3 games, mybe more, for the season.

At this point, Alabama needs to win out have Ole Miss lose at least one game. That could change depending on how things play out with Ole Miss, aTm and LSU.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I don't think they are "bad", but they are clearly not a team built to complete with every team in the SEC on a weekly basis. Like many have said over and over, they can get up for a big game or two, but they cannot endure the weekly grind of the SEC.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
As RTR said they only need to lose one more but I expect them to lose at least 2 more.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With their schedule, they could be a pretty darned good team and still lose 2 or 3 more games this season. Same applies to every team in the SECw.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
5 Turnovers (all 5 of which were due to bad execution on our part) and 1 Fluke Play and 1 Illegal Play.....and they barely won....

They are talented.....
But, Robert N, and the WRs don't seem consistently motivated and the QB is a head case.....

Head cases are usually good for 2-4 losses a year (see Stephen Garcia)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I didn't see their game against Florida, but can't help but wonder what the Gators did to control Nkemdiche...

Put him in restraints?

The guy was a one man wrecking crew against us...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I didn't see their game against Florida, but can't help but wonder what the Gators did to control Nkemdiche...

Put him in restraints?

The guy was a one man wrecking crew against us...
If memory serves me correctly, Nkemdiche was down to Alabama and Ole Miss when he made his choice. I would say that he is probably more motivated when playing against Alabama for that reason. Plus, you're Alabama.

Sure, Florida has a solid program, but did you really believe that they were going to beat Ole Miss? Apparently Ole Miss didn't.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Ole Miss could lose 3. They lost 4 of their last 6 to close out last year, including being shut out by a bad Arkansas team. They still have aTm, LSU, MSU and Arkansas left to play. They could easily lose 3 games, mybe more, for the season.

At this point, Alabama needs to win out have Ole Miss lose at least one game. That could change depending on how things play out with Ole Miss, aTm and LSU.
Arkansas may beat them again.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.