Link: Jarran Reed tackling Nick Chubb with one arm while being held by UGA OL.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Reed's nickname is "Wardaddy ". Rightfully so.
We are now seeing this much praised pre season defensive front 7 live up to the hype and is a thing of beauty. Alabama has never been this deep or talented under Saban and that's saying something!
Agreed. The defense on this team gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling our other NC teams gave me. I certainly did not have this feeling last year and I'm thinking it can be a special year if our offense continues it's progression.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wasn't very impressed with Chubb against other competition or when he played Alabama. He's a good back but not great IMO. He's doesn't possess the same physical stature and presence like LF and Henry. Chubb wasn't a problem to tackle at all..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I wasn't very impressed with Chubb against other competition or when he played Alabama. He's a good back but not great IMO. He's doesn't possess the same physical stature and presence like LF and Henry. Chubb wasn't a problem to tackle at all..
yeah, i'm with you on that. it seems like every running back that has come through uga in the past decade is going to be the next herschel and they get hyped like crazy. at least chubb broke one of herschel's records, so there's that.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
yeah, i'm with you on that. it seems like every running back that has come through uga in the past decade is going to be the next herschel and they get hyped like crazy. at least chubb broke one of herschel's records, so there's that.
I will give them Todd Gurley. He was special at GA and now in the NFL.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
agree. furthermore, all the hype Sony Michel was getting wasn't warranted IMO. he was easier to take down than Chubb. he isn't a particular big RB that UGA is accustomed to even though they list him at 5'11 211 lbs. , he didn't look close to 200 lbs. at all. Marshall was a good complement to Gurley before his injury. you have to think Marshall's injury was more serious than previously thought. he's now relegated to a 3rd string RB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.