Link: Jarran Reed tackling Nick Chubb with one arm while being held by UGA OL.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Everybody on the d line mauled the Georgia linemen on that play, but that is a heck of a play by Reed. He has to be first rounder. Bama's d line is unreal this year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just noticed we've gone back to Ridell helmets. When I see that name, I can hear Coach Bryant, in his Sunday show, saying "That's putting the old Ridell on him." (Wasn't against the rules back then.)

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Just noticed we've gone back to Ridell helmets. When I see that name, I can hear Coach Bryant, in his Sunday show, saying "That's putting the old Ridell on him." (Wasn't against the rules back then.)
We had Ridell helmets in high school. They were the old type, with the foam padding inside and many of the pads were torn and missing the padding material. Then we got Bike helmets with the adjustable air cushion in the crown of the helmet and it was like going from a 1958 pickup with a bench seat with bad springs to a Jaguar with leather, air-conditioned multi-positional luxury bucket seats with thigh and back massage built-in. Of course, they didn't do anything about our hip pads, which were probably circa 1950 and were hard plastic with RIVETS holding the padding on. The girdles were worn so badly that there were holes in the pockets for the pads and sometimes the rivets would actually line up with a hole when you got hit and this steel circle would dig into your flesh like a musketball or something.

I guess anything I had was better than the leather helmets and pants made from left-over WWI machine gun belts that you had though. :biggrin:

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
We had Ridell helmets in high school. They were the old type, with the foam padding inside and many of the pads were torn and missing the padding material. Then we got Bike helmets with the adjustable air cushion in the crown of the helmet and it was like going from a 1958 pickup with a bench seat with bad springs to a Jaguar with leather, air-conditioned multi-positional luxury bucket seats with thigh and back massage built-in. Of course, they didn't do anything about our hip pads, which were probably circa 1950 and were hard plastic with RIVETS holding the padding on. The girdles were worn so badly that there were holes in the pockets for the pads and sometimes the rivets would actually line up with a hole when you got hit and this steel circle would dig into your flesh like a musketball or something.

I guess anything I had was better than the leather helmets and pants made from left-over WWI machine gun belts that you had though. :biggrin:
You took me back 25+ years with that one. I remember when we got Bike helmets! I can definitely relate to the hip pads & girdles.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Not that impressed. He should have also grabbed the fullback and probably another lineman as well.

This reminds me of that dad dad move where you are wrestling with one child and the other tries to sneak by but you put out your arm and snatch them up and bring them into the fold.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
thanks for posting this, i remember seeing that play in the game and being very impressed.

i remember ro had a similar tackle on tebow in the 2009 seccg. iirc, ro was engaged with a blocker on the edge/flat and tebow tried to come by and ro stuck out his arm and stropped him cold for a loss

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
thanks for posting this, i remember seeing that play in the game and being very impressed.

i remember ro had a similar tackle on tebow in the 2009 seccg. iirc, ro was engaged with a blocker on the edge/flat and tebow tried to come by and ro stuck out his arm and stropped him cold for a loss
New word there 92? :biggrin:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Reed's nickname is "Wardaddy ". Rightfully so.
We are now seeing this much praised pre season defensive front 7 live up to the hype and is a thing of beauty. Alabama has never been this deep or talented under Saban and that's saying something!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.