JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Arkansas preview: Razorbacks may not have the horses to win this one
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 7th, 2015 01:22 AM

. By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Oct. 7, 2015 It is easy to dismiss Arkansas as “Georgia Lite” given the Razorbacks’ offensive tendencies, but Arkansas has frequently been a tough out for Alabama. So much so, in fact, that Alabama needs to avoid falling into the trap posed by this direct-from-central-casting “trap game.” In 2014, […]

Read More Here

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Thanks as always, Jess. I really enjoy reading your analysis each week. ROLL TIDE!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Great write-up, as always, Jess.

Interesting that Tony Brown didn't merit mention amongst the D'backs...

Can't help but wonder whether his shoulder injuries have held him back?

Tho I believe he's been active on special teams...

Also, not hearing Hootie Jones' name too often during games, but perhaps he's buried on the depth chart?

RTR

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Nice job Jess. Pure intuition tells me that the Hogs will make it closer. I would be surprised if we win by more that 10.

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015
Unfortunately, LB Josh Williams is out for the year after breaking his leg on a low block against Tennessee. Our thin LB corp got thinner.

I think a lot of our secondary struggles are due to the DL not getting much pass rush, not that they aren't good players. We miss Trey Flowers and Darius Philon for sure. But in their defense we have played the Texas Tech and Texas A&M offenses who both like to throw it all over the field.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Unfortunately, LB Josh Williams is out for the year after breaking his leg on a low block against Tennessee. Our thin LB corp got thinner.

I think a lot of our secondary struggles are due to the DL not getting much pass rush, not that they aren't good players. We miss Trey Flowers and Darius Philon for sure. But in their defense we have played the Texas Tech and Texas A&M offenses who both like to throw it all over the field.
I do feel better knowing those TWO guys are GONE! Hopefully, their replacements are not as good.

I do think this could be a CLOSE game. After winning at Tennercee, those Hogs are going to be looking for Hog Heaven in Tuscaloosa on Saturday. Hopefully, they won't find it!

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Great analysis, Jess, as usual. This Arkansas team has me confused. They're generating all kinds of offensive yards, but not scoring. Their stats in the red zone must be atrocious. Looking at their season so far:

UTEP - 490 total yds - no turnovers - won the game
Toledo - 515 total yds - 1 turnover - and LOST!!!
TT - 424 yds - 2 turnovers - and lost
A&M - 457 yds - 2 turnovers - and lost
Tenn - 494 yds - no turnovers - and won (barely)

Yeah, they've had some T/O's, but if you had told me at beginning of the season, the lowest yardage output Arky would have would be 424 yards I would have predicted them to be 4-1, or 5-0, but not 2-3. Where are they getting bogged down?

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015
Great analysis, Jess, as usual. This Arkansas team has me confused. They're generating all kinds of offensive yards, but not scoring. Their stats in the red zone must be atrocious. Looking at their season so far:

UTEP - 490 total yds - no turnovers - won the game
Toledo - 515 total yds - 1 turnover - and LOST!!!
TT - 424 yds - 2 turnovers - and lost
A&M - 457 yds - 2 turnovers - and lost
Tenn - 494 yds - no turnovers - and won (barely)

Yeah, they've had some T/O's, but if you had told me at beginning of the season, the lowest yardage output Arky would have would be 424 yards I would have predicted them to be 4-1, or 5-0, but not 2-3. Where are they getting bogged down?
Yeah our redzone scoring has been awful. We couldn't move the ball very well in short yardage against Toledo. Most think we worked so much on the pass in the offseason that it hurt our short yardage running game the first few weeks. Plus penalties have been a major issue. We didn't have many against Tennessee but had ELEVEN against A&M and a lot against Toledo that either took us out of the redzone or erased scores. I think we had like 5 holding calls that Toledo game. With our offense if we don't stay ahead of the chains it makes it really hard to convert.

We don't have much of a kicking game either which didn't help with that

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Is this title a misnomer? How can you talk about horses when discussing pigs or hogs? Now, they do have some hogs on that OL.

RTR!!!!!!!

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Jess: Always appreciate your analysis. Almost always agree. This time I will disagree, in the hopes that we see the "Real Jake Coker" to reverse the QB assessment!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.