David Cornwell didn't make the trip to Athens

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Maybe he came down with something and was told to stay behind, lest everyone else also get sick?

Sometimes it may just be the simple reason.
There is a limit on SEC away games on travel squad. Most teams take 3 QBs, as they need to take who will play and contribute in some way (Offense/Defense/Special teams). Morris is #3 so that they can RS Barnett. If Coker and Bateman went down, I would bet it would be Barnett as the guy if still in playoff picture--Like AJ was McElroy's backup. Morris is a signal caller, Backup punter, Backup QB, and probably the backup Holder and who knows what else he can play--so he will always travel

Coker Starter
Bateman #2, Holder
Morris #3/4, Signal caller, Backup Punter, Backup Holder, Water Boy, Manager etc. LOL
Barnett #3/4 Emergency Backup/Scout team
Cornwell #5 Scout team/Dresses for home games

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple of QBs transfer after spring practice. All of those guys are talented enough to start somewhere.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple of QBs transfer after spring practice. All of those guys are talented enough to start somewhere.
I can only see one transfer next year. With Coker graduating and Morris basically an assistant coach, CB and BB will battle it out this spring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.