David Cornwell didn't make the trip to Athens

Zack

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2012
Forgive me if I missed this thread already but does anyone know why DC didn't make the trip to Athens last weekend? Was it strictly due to the amount of players we were allowed to travel with or something else going on?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Forgive me if I missed this thread already but does anyone know why DC didn't make the trip to Athens last weekend? Was it strictly due to the amount of players we were allowed to travel with or something else going on?
IDK, but there was a tweet that Blake Barnett did make the trip to Athens. It could only mean that Barnett is at least ahead of Cornwell at this point.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Didn't know that. It doesn't sound right - that's for sure. I don't see how the limit of players would keep him from going - he's not injured.

Zack

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2012
He definitely wasn't there.. it seems all of the other scholarship QB's were.. If it wasn't a travel limit that held him back, you have to assume he is transferring after this year. Especially if BB is ahead of him.

Drew DeArmond and 3 others Retweeted

Marq Burnett@Marq_Burnett Oct 3
No sign of redshirt freshman QB David Cornwell.Jake Coker, Cooper Bateman, Alec Morris and Blake Barnett are the four QBs here for Alabama

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wouldn't expect Cornwell to be on travel squad for the rest of the season or back with team next year.

barnett Needs to get some experience of what it like to be on the road, and understand the environment around him... It'll be good for him. I think next year we have Bateman, Hurt, Barrett batting for the job next year.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I wouldn't expect Cornwell to be on travel squad for the rest of the season or back with team next year.

barnett Needs to get some experience of what it like to be on the road, and understand the environment around him... It'll be good for him. I think next year we have Bateman, Hurt, Barrett batting for the job next year.
Yeah that is pretty telling. Too bad he has lost his focus and sounds like attitude is getting in his way.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
I honestly thought Morris would either be a lifetime back up or transfer if he was truly seeking playing time.

I thought Bateman would most likely transfer as well. I know he has played some this year.

I figured Cornwell or Barnett would be the future starters.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
So, what exactly happened to DC? He was in the thick of the QB mix at one time correct? Then all of a sudden he falls off the face of the earth, not to mention the depth chart.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Maybe he came down with something and was told to stay behind, lest everyone else also get sick?

Sometimes it may just be the simple reason.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
All of us here are experts on Tide QBs.

Look how everyone wrote off Blake Sims in the summer of 2014.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
So, what exactly happened to DC? He was in the thick of the QB mix at one time correct? Then all of a sudden he falls off the face of the earth, not to mention the depth chart.
There is a big thread on here about what some assumed happened to DC. Did DC travel to Dallas? It seems he has been in the doghouse and if true then not making a road trip is expected, and I think you can only travel with 70 players on the road.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
There is an NCAA limit to the number of players that can travel. In typical Coach Saban fashion if a player isn't able or isn't projected to play (in all scenarios that could possibly happen) he will not travel. That airplane seat and travel number are used for someone who can and possibly will contribute. That's all I can say. Roll Tide! :)

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
I'll tell ya what happened to DC...

On June 3, 2015 at 6:19am CST I emphatically stated "Cornwell will be the starter this season." in the 3rd post of the "Link: Let The QB Battle Begin (and other Fall Camp discussion)... " thread. The rest is history as they say.

My apologies to DC for the jinx. ;)

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247328&p=2623394&highlight=#post2623394

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Do you have something substantial, or is this similar to your D. Jackson to right guard guess?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.