2016 DL Recruiting

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
At this point I expect Tomlinson, Payne, and Hand to start in a base set. But In my opinion Payne will have to play DE in addition to DT next season because we have no depth. We really need two signees to come in and play awsome from day one. Kendell Jones might be physically ready to play, not sure about technique. The only other bodies I'm aware of at DE are Anfernee Jennings and possibly OJ Smith. It's really a little baffling how we got this thin.

DL Recruits should be lined up to take this opportunity because it doesn't happen often.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
At this point I expect Tomlinson, Payne, and Hand to start in a base set. But In my opinion Payne will have to play DE in addition to DT next season because we have no depth. We really need two signees to come in and play awsome from day one. Kendell Jones might be physically ready to play, not sure about technique. The only other bodies I'm aware of at DE are Anfernee Jennings and possibly OJ Smith. It's really a little baffling how we got this thin.

DL Recruits should be lined up to take this opportunity because it doesn't happen often.
Raekwon Davis hopefully will be able to help out as well. Be interesting to get an update on some of the DEs/DTs we`re in on from Jam.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

One great year that has a bunch of Juniors ready to cash in. You are losing your best Juniors and Seniors from this team in one draft class unless some decide to stay.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yea but we knew more than a year ago this line would be this good and we would lose a ton. We should have signed more DL's last cycle or even two cycles back.
Alabama signed 5 players that could be on the DL in the 2015 class. One is no longer on the team (Jonathan Taylor). Another is enrolling in January (Christian Bell).

The only other position grouping to have 5 players in the 2015 class? Offensive line.

In the 2014 class, Alabama signed 7 guys that could be on the DL (some could go OL).

What more do you want?

bfg3rd

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2005
Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams play DE the last time I checked. Williams may not be a typical every down DE, but the cupboard isn't exactly bare.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams play DE the last time I checked. Williams may not be a typical every down DE, but the cupboard isn't exactly bare.
They are both Jack LB's, not DE's. They do line up at DE in pass rushing situations. Some think Williams could forego his senior year also.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Will Tim Williams enter the draft? If this has already been discussed forgive me.
He and Foster might go, but they would both be making huge mistakes if they do. One more year of development and exposure will make them both a lot more money.

pbearbryant

Scout Team
Nov 2, 2007
Thanks. I hope they stay as well they could really improve their draft stock with another year and the fact that I just want them back lol

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Will Tim Williams enter the draft? If this has already been discussed forgive me.
I had not heard he would until Danielson said during the SECC game Williams was the best pass rusher in the SEC and we had 4 1st rounders on our DL in Robinson, Reed, Allen and Williams. Like B1G says I think it will be a mistake for him to go but it is possible.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I had not heard he would until Danielson said during the SECC game Williams was the best pass rusher in the SEC and we had 4 1st rounders on our DL in Robinson, Reed, Allen and Williams. Like B1G says I think it will be a mistake for him to go but it is possible.
I hope he and Reuben will sit down with coach and listen, whichever way it goes.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Raekwon Davis hopefully will be able to help out as well. Be interesting to get an update on some of the DEs/DTs we`re in on from Jam.
it will be a few weeks right now, putting in the work right now, averaging 4 to 5 hours of sleep right now because of work. One mans rest is another mans opportunity. Thats also the way Saban approaches Recruiting. Pruitt to DC , Tosh stays as well as Kiff. Everyone thats worried about Kirby (Obi or Yoda ? ) Also , Remember everything the kids were saying about Kirby when Pruitt is announced. That was their go to guy at UGA.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
it will be a few weeks right now, putting in the work right now, averaging 4 to 5 hours of sleep right now because of work. One mans rest is another mans opportunity. Thats also the way Saban approaches Recruiting. Pruitt to DC , Tosh stays as well as Kiff. Everyone thats worried about Kirby (Obi or Yoda ? ) Also , Remember everything the kids were saying about Kirby when Pruitt is announced. That was their go to guy at UGA.
jam, I am accepting this as "current intel"

I know these things can be extremely fluid, but I appreciate you taking a couple of minutes from your busy schedule to share a few tidbits

Thank you :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.