2016 DL Recruiting

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree that both should stick it out for one more year, if one had a shot in leaving it would be Ruben. He's definitely improved his pass coverage. But I think he would benefit from one more year too. Williams needs to come back just to show he can play more than pass rush. His ability to gauge the snap count has been amazing, especially with his first step.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I agree that both should stick it out for one more year, if one had a shot in leaving it would be Ruben. He's definitely improved his pass coverage. But I think he would benefit from one more year too. Williams needs to come back just to show he can play more than pass rush. His ability to gauge the snap count has been amazing, especially with his first step.
Yep, Tim's first step reminds me of Derrick Thomas and I did not think I would ever say that about anybody.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Davis isn't making the grades from what I'm hearing. Likely drop in rankings and going somewhere else. Hope I'm wrong about this bit of info

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Would not surprise me if D-linemen with an option to transfer and play in 2016 are looking at our success in sending defensive linemen to the NFL and access to playing time. JuColl, too.

Opportunities await in T-town.

Carpe playing time. :wink:

Last edited:

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Emmit Gooden is announcing his college decision this Thursday night. Top 3 of Alabama, LSU and Miss State. Anyone know if we should be looking for a commit?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Emmit Gooden is announcing his college decision this Thursday night. Top 3 of Alabama, LSU and Miss State. Anyone know if we should be looking for a commit?
He just took an official to Starkville. Would bet he's MSU-bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
What are the chances K Kirven returns to the D-line, giving us more depth?

Also, I'm a bit surprised that we haven't heard of a JuColl d-line prospect all-but lined up to enroll in Jan. 2016.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Also, I'm a bit surprised that we haven't heard of a JuColl d-line prospect all-but lined up to enroll in Jan. 2016.
Bama is after a few that won't enroll until the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

he's taking some first team reps at OL (RT I think) now and played a good bit in the SEC championship game at LT. With him being the third best OT now he might get a chance there first to compete with the JUCO tackle coming in before he moves back to dL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.