High School QB Spikes the Ball and Gets Intercepted

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
watching the end of another game this weekend I said to my wife, "you know just once I want to see a D Lineman dive for the interception"

guess now I have, thanks

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I saw a game once where the QB was trying to spike the ball and it bounced off one of the linemen and back into his hands. He then spiked it again, but was flagged for throwing two passes on the same play, which is against the rules. Had he just batted it down, there would have been no penalty.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Now, QB coaches are going to have to teach QB's how to appropriately SPIKE a ball. I wonder if they've (QB coaches) ever done that?

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Gary: "So, Greyson Lambert needs to spike the ball here to stop the clock."
Verne: "There's the snap. Lambert spikes the.... wait a minute... the ball slipped out of his hands and now there's a mad scramble for the ball. Reggie Ragland picks it up and is heading down the sideline."
Gary: "Mark Richt is on the field and... is he trying to run down Ragland?"
Verne: "WOW!!! Reuben Foster laid a lick on Richt and Ragland scores."
Gary: "Yeah, but it was a legal hit. He led with his shoulder and made contact below the headset, so I don't think that they'll throw a flag."
Verne: "You hope that Richt is OK. It looks like he still has the halo over his head, but it's notably dimmer than it was before the hit."

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
Gary: "So, Greyson Lambert needs to spike the ball here to stop the clock."
Verne: "There's the snap. Lambert spikes the.... wait a minute... the ball slipped out of his hands and now there's a mad scramble for the ball. Reggie Ragland picks it up and is heading down the sideline."
Gary: "Mark Richt is on the field and... is he trying to run down Ragland?"
Verne: "WOW!!! Reuben Foster laid a lick on Richt and Ragland scores."
Gary: "Yeah, but it was a legal hit. He led with his shoulder and made contact below the headset, so I don't think that they'll throw a flag."
Verne: "You hope that Richt is OK. It looks like he still has the halo over his head, but it's notably dimmer than it was before the hit."
"Contact below the headset..." Love it!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.