Link: LSU-South Carolina game moved to Baton Rouge

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
does that come with a complimentary corn dog? ;)
You joke, but on /r/cfb there are all kinds of LSU fans offering an invite to their tailgate for USCe fans. I'm sure there will be some gumbo, jambalaya, and maybe even some corndogs. :wink:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
South Carolina remains the designated Home Team.
As previously planned, Tigers will wear Purple jerseys. Gamecocks will wear White jerseys.

LSU has advised their fans that due to the late change in the game's venue to Tiger Stadium, only about 75% of the normal number of stadium employees such as for the concessions and other functions will be available. Asked for patience from fans.

LSU will give South Carolina all the proceeds from the game after it pays expenses. The Gamecocks will be treated as the Home Team in almost every way, "We will be playing their music. We will play some of their fight songs. We will play their Alma Mater." - LSU A.D. Joe Alleva.

LSU leads the series 17-2-1

I wonder if Les will let off the gas once LSU gets a comfortable lead? Wouldn't surprise me if he did. He's always been a classy coach. A sneaky one...but classy.

Those LSU fans are going to roll out the welcome wagon.

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks for the post Bazza - sounds like LSU is really trying to do the right thing here.

Now - what will they do about their fans?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
As previously planned, Tigers will wear Purple jerseys. Gamecocks will wear White jerseys.

LSU has advised their fans that due to the late change in the game's venue to Tiger Stadium, only about 75% of the normal number of stadium employees such as for the concessions and other functions will be available. Asked for patience from fans.

LSU will give South Carolina all the proceeds from the game after it pays expenses. The Gamecocks will be treated as the Home Team in almost every way, "We will be playing their music. We will play some of their fight songs. We will play their Alma Mater." - LSU A.D. Joe Alleva.

LSU leads the series 17-2-1

I wonder if Les will let off the gas once LSU gets a comfortable lead? Wouldn't surprise me if he did. He's always been a classy coach. A sneaky one...but classy.

Those LSU fans are going to roll out the welcome wagon.

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
it could set up as a big upset if lsu doesn't have focus on the actual game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
it could set up as a big upset if lsu doesn't have focus on the actual game.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Or if they're 'looking ahead' to Florida. (I have the same concern about our game this week to be honest w/you).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Really proud of how LSU is stepping up and handling this. Not really surprising, but it's nice to see them doing it.
I'll use the TF approved version of a tweet I saw from a buddy in Baton Rouge:

LSU fans are showing the world today and this weekend: they are mostly buttholes, but man are they some compassionate buttholes

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
The most fun I ever had after a football game while I was a student at UA (2000-2004) was in 2003 after we lost to LSU, who would go on to win the BCS Title. As you remember, 2003 was a year full of disappointments in Tuscaloosa. So we knew after the LSU game that the season was pretty much over and their season was looking up. My roommate's brother was a LSU grad and he and his fellow alumni were staying at our house for the weekend. We all headed to the Houndstooth after the game and those LSU guys bought our drinks all night. They were ecstatic with where they were in their season and it was just infectious to everyone else around them. Sure, LSU fans can be intolerable, I sat next to some during the 2005 game. But once the clock hits 00:00...there is no fan base that is more fun to kick back and relax with as long as everyone agrees to put the game behind them and enjoy the moment.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I suspect their fans will be very hospitable, B1G. It's a southern thing, you know!
You are probably right. I have little exposure to LSU fans, but the ones that I know are great people. I only wondered because of the comments that I read here on TideFans about their fans.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

That is strange. LSU would have been in White jerseys in Columbia. BTW, saw where LSU was sending the plane they had charted to pick up and return SC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.