Ole Miss cornerback Tee Shepard leaves team

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I started hearing rumblings of this yesterday. Ole Miss is a banged up team right now. Their depth is about to be tested mightily. Hope someone else can knock them off while they are vulnerable.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
They didn't have a sign language interpreter for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I said. It didn't make sense... If I was still playing, I would come up with a system with my teammates... I would get two guys from Safety, and LB communicating to me through hand signals to signal that theyre changing play to depict this and that. It's not that hard. You can change plays through voice and through hand signals... Look at Kirby Smart.. He use his hands and voice signal to relay play calls... if plays were changed, You see Ragland, Safety using hand.. so It was just kinda weird... to hear Tee leaving the team.. Either they didn't really help him progress or something else is going on in his life.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Offenses use hand signals to change the play at the line in loud stadium environments. Surely the defense could do something similar.

Regardless, best of luck to this young man.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I started hearing rumblings of this yesterday. Ole Miss is a banged up team right now. Their depth is about to be tested mightily. Hope someone else can knock them off while they are vulnerable.
They will lose at least 2 more SEC games....and maybe even to Memphis in 2 weeks.

Remaining after this week - at Memphis, Tex A&M, at barn, Arkansas, LSU, at Miss State

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Back in the late 70s, the Gators had a LB who was completely deaf. They used hand signals often, as this guy either started or played a bunch. (Now to be fair, this was when the Gators were NOT "the superlative of all excellence" as the good Congressperson once said. ;) )
I knew a guy who played with the LB in HS, and said he'd knock your head off. Said he was completely locked in on a tackle & never heard any other blocker's footsteps.
Anyway, old-guy random memory ends now. All the best to Tee.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Tough story...hate that his disability kept him from feeling like he would be able to compete. Maybe they can talk him into coming back but have a better plan for signaling in the defense...he got this far with the handicap, you'd think the staff could come up with something...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I hope this young man gets his degree and has a successful and rewarding life. Football can offer great rewards, but it is not the most important thing in life. I wish for him great success in life.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.