Talks of multi-million dollar stadium to replace Birmingham's Legion Field

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
yeah this doesn't need to be tax payer funded. it really needs to be a privately driven initiative.
I'm sure Richard Scrushy has a couple million buried in mayonnaise jars at strategic locations across the area. You know how he loves putting his name on things....

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
If Birmingham can build a stadium, great. They need to find a way of funding the project without state money (OUR money) because it's simply not there. With a metro population of over a million, yes they should have a decent stadium and should be able to find a way to do it on their own. Tearing down Legion field, selling it for scrap and selling the land there would be a start, assuming demolition and cleanup didn't eat up the money. It likely would but it needs to be done anyway. The city is making a turnaround and could do better if the politicians get out of the way.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I just got back home from attending the Texas/OU game. If you don't know, it's played each year at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, which is on the Texas State fairgrounds.

It's a 50-50 ticket split.

Reminded me of the ole days with the IB at Legion Field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.