Talks of multi-million dollar stadium to replace Birmingham's Legion Field

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I say bring it on. Uptown has been a success and has been handled properly. I don't have much faith in leadership, but I have faith in the people of Bham to support something like this. The soccer game was awesome, for instance, but embarrassing to have something like that at THE DUMP.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Maybe we can move the Iron Bowl back where it belongs. I wonder what Awbarn boosters would do with 22,500 tickets split 3 ways.
I don't see it ever moving back to B'Ham & really don't want to see it moved back there myself..That's going to be the home of UAB & wouldn't be near big enough to hold just the Bama Fans at the game..Not going to hapeen..I hope not anyways,..

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Instead of building it downtown move it out of the city like somewhere off of 459. Would have more room for parking and also a safer environment .

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Let them build it.....just don't tax the rest of the state to pay for it.
But, but you don't understand... they deserve it, because reasons. And just imagine all the things you can do with a 45,000 capacity stadium. You could host bowl games no one cares about in it!

Anyway, you are correct. The state legislator should play no role on this. I'm not planning on going to any games there, what team that I'd want to see would play in a 45K capacity stadium? As such, why on earth should I pay?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Let them build it.....just don't tax the rest of the state to pay for it.
I agree! Why PUNISH tax payers in Mobile, Huntsville, Gadsden, Wetumpka, Montgomery, Dothan, Gardendale, Fultondale, Jacksonville, Cullman, Anniston, Decatur, Florence, etc. just to be able to build/fund a 45,000 seat stadium in Birmingham.

If Birmingham wants a new stadium, let the people of Birmingham who want it fund it.

Why????????????????? Don't some of those people already pay a 10% tithe in sales taxes in some locations?

Does Alabama have a Think Tank regarding how to gouge more out of the people of Alabama?

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Maybe UAB should just rent Auburns stadium when Aubarn play away. At the rate they are going Aubarn is going to need a new revenue stream to pay for the head coach buy out and all the empty seats.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.