"Oh Yeah!" on Eddie Jackson's Interception vs UGA

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I watched my DVR of the UGA game and noticed something pretty cool. If you watch Eddie Jackson's INT, you can hear someone yell "Oh Yeah!" just a half-second before he picks it off. I don't know who it was exactly, but the CBS sideline mic apparently picked up someone over there that saw the pick about to happen. If you get a chance, check it out, you can hear it clearly. Pretty neat, and makes me snicker every time I watch it.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Interesting. Same thing happened at my wedding, except it was at the altar. I think it was my future father-in-law....
Wrong.. Remember you paid me off to hold him captive? Although we ended up on a ship.. And he walked the plank. No worries buddy! I gotcha! Roll Tide

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I watched my DVR of the UGA game and noticed something pretty cool. If you watch Eddie Jackson's INT, you can hear someone yell "Oh Yeah!" just a half-second before he picks it off. I don't know who it was exactly, but the CBS sideline mic apparently picked up someone over there that saw the pick about to happen. If you get a chance, check it out, you can hear it clearly. Pretty neat, and makes me snicker every time I watch it.
I watched the game again last night and I remember hearing that "Oh Yeah!" very clearly except that I thought it was on a different play- Marlon Humphrey had a pass breakup where he was perfectly in phase and just reached over the receiver's shoulder and knocked the ball down. It was text book. Beautiful.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I ended up blowing the center channel on my home theater last Friday night [when I typically blast the tunes to help dissipate the stresses of the work week] w the result that when I replay the recording of the game, you can barely hear Verne n Gary, thereby enabling me to hear the "sounds of the game" far better than I normally would.

So, yes, the "Oh Yeah!" and the "Nooo!" have been particularly - and delightfully - audible when re-watching the game.

And they sound great each time I hear them... :)

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Just watched the play on YouTube...that was definitely one of our players yelling "Oh Yeah!"...probably someone on the sideline. Not sure who said "NOOOO"...but it was funny as well. Sounded like a disgruntled fan but was probably a GA manager or cheerleader.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Just watched the play on YouTube...that was definitely one of our players yelling "Oh Yeah!"...probably someone on the sideline. Not sure who said "NOOOO"...but it was funny as well. Sounded like a disgruntled fan but was probably a GA manager or cheerleader.
Haha, yup. Love it.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Someone says something similar on the Ridley TD. Sometimes the coaches in the booth are close to the broadcasters and bleed over. Maybe that's what happened. Or could have been a mic on the field.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.