Link: Why OJ Howard is Playing Better Than You May Think

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's one of the great mysteries that we don't use him more. I bet he turns into a beast in the NFL.
I go back to the talk of Kiffin's trip to bowl practice prior to the Oklahoma game. From what I recall, he supposedly told Saban the offense wasn't using OJ enough. For whatever reason, he apparently doesn't want to use him much, either.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I go back to the talk of Kiffin's trip to bowl practice prior to the Oklahoma game. From what I recall, he supposedly told Saban the offense wasn't using OJ enough. For whatever reason, he apparently doesn't want to use him much, either.
Or maybe the young man is not destined to be the impact player that he and everybody else thought.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Or maybe the young man is not destined to be the impact player that he and everybody else thought.
Perhaps. It could be that we are growing as an offense and the playbook is slowly being opened and exploited. Last year, from the start, we knew (and were able) to get Amari the ball as often as possible. It wouldn't surprise me, though I'd be tickled, to see OJH get many catches and TDs later in the season.

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA
Let's be bluntly honest. OJ is not even close to a decent blocking TE. Agree Greene is much better suited. It amazes me OJ has not been groomed as a big WR. We sure see them from every other team; why not us.
He is taller, ok he did not jump enough to catch the ball in the OM loss last year, but he has decent speed once he catches the pass.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Let's be bluntly honest. OJ is not even close to a decent blocking TE. Agree Greene is much better suited. It amazes me OJ has not been groomed as a big WR. We sure see them from every other team; why not us.
He is taller, ok he did not jump enough to catch the ball in the OM loss last year, but he has decent speed once he catches the pass.
I agree about using OJ as a big wide receiver kinda like what aTm did with Mike Evans a few years back. Put a corner of safety on him and it was an easy jump ball because Evans just "boxed" the defender out. There was no way a linebacker could stay with him either. Kind of odd Alabama hasn't used OJ in that capacity in the 3 years he's been here..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.