Maryland Expected to Fire Randy Edsall

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here

With the team off to a miserable start, fans revolting and boosters withholding donations, Maryland athletics officials are expected to move forward with their plan to fire Edsall, 57, in the fifth year of his original six-year, $10 million contract, and name interim head coach -- perhaps offensive coordinator Mike Locksley -- before eventually hiring a replacement to revive the struggling program.
Maryland officials will begin working soon to identify and pursue potential hires, and it's believed that the school's got a more attractive job to offer than it did when it hired Edsall; that state-of-the-art facility is scheduled to open in 2017, the program's national profile and revenues are significantly higher now because of its move to the Big Ten, and partner Under Armour's branding has continued grown significantly since then.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I would think it depends on other teams who could fire their coaches after the season:
Texas Tech
Virginia Tech
Colorado
Vandy
Iowa
Indiana
Illonois
Virginia
Miami
Auburn (Might not get fired, but rather leave for NFL)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I would think it depends on other teams who could fire their coaches after the season:
Texas Tech
Virginia Tech
Colorado
Vandy
Iowa
Indiana
Illonois
Virginia
Miami
What? Malzhan can't handle Auburn and you think a NFL franchise is going to hire Gus. Come on man.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Doubtful on Kirby. Doesn't matter on Lane since he's gone when his contract ends at the end of the season.
I guess I need to read more threads here. I had no idea Lane was going to definitely be gone after this year. Can you say if its mutual or elaborate in any way?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Texas Tech
Virginia Tech
Colorado
Vandy
Iowa
Indiana
Illonois
Virginia
Miami
I don't see VA Tech firing Beamer after this season, even if they don't win another game. If he's gone after this season, it will be a resignation. But he won't be around much longer if he doesn't produce a better team.

I'm not a tech fan per se, but I like Beamer. He's a good coach and seemingly decent guy, and in his press conference after the Pitt loss I've never seen him so despondent. I really believe if that had been week 10, he'd have announced stepping down.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yeah i dont think Gus could be taken seriously in the NFL when he starts rolling his hands and yelling GO GO GO GO!
I agree. Not sure how he is going to go from the hot seat or worse, getting fired at Auburn to being a head coach in the NFL. I don't think too many NFL teams are going to hire a guy that is going to win 4 or 5 games. If Gus was winning 12 games every year and scoring 50+ pts he may be considered (Kelly is not helping him any). Gus is more likely to be back in high school than he is in the NFL IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.