Coliseum empty

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
When I was in San Jose this past summer, I was talking to some folks about college football culture. They said that college football isn't taken seriously over there, they only care about NFL teams.... If USC goes 10-1 or whatever, Fans still won't turn out to see them playing, unless it's for national championship.
In the Bay Area, college sports take a huge backseat to pro sports. It's unfortunate. You have Cal and Stanford fans sprinkled here and there but they're not hard core fans and usually watch the games on TV if they happen to be at a bar. The ones that actually attend the games are students, alumni, or families of players. San Jose St has a large student population of about 35k, but most of them are " commuter" students, meaning they don't live in dorms or have a strong affiliation to their team. Hoover stadium would put Spartan stadium to shame. Im not kidding either.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I guess this is the de facto game thread. I had to look up "de facto." It sounded right. :)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
L.A. is just not a football city. Just ask the Rams and the Raiders.
They are serious when USC is serious. Personally I think pat Haden should've stuck with kiffin for 2 more years and then make the call. Kiffin was dealt a bad hand and didn't get a chance to see if he could've rolled with the punches. Sark if given time, could turn them around, but Haden needs to give him a few years. The problem with USC is that Oregon made it a habit in stealing players that Carroll couldn't take, but wanted, because USC was filling their recruiting slots. Oregon then made a splash here and there and made a name for them selves. Then when the sanctions hit, they took over. What USC needs is to get back to recruiting and stop making knee jerk reactions when they are hyped up by analysts and don't live up to those expectations. I'm not saying kiffin would've fully turned them around, but Haden will look stupid if kiffin winds up at some school like Miami and recruits a great team under no sanctions and challenges for a conference championship. Kiffin's biggest win against Oregon in 2011 was probably what ultimately did him in because it gave the perception that he could deal with the sanctions in the long run, but alabama fans know that recruiting sanctions are very detrimental to a program and it takes a great deal of time to get over them.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
USC has now loss to 2 unranked teams at home this season. This was the year that USC was going to make some noise, they got all their schollys back and was a pre season darling. I told my co workers who were Trojan fans that Sarkisian just did not strike me as a kind of HC that would be able to lead the Trojans to the promise land. He seemed to be over his head. Furthermore the rest of the PAC 12 is catching up. Parity is very apparent in that conference.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
usc has now loss to 2 unranked teams at home this season. This was the year that usc was going to make some noise, they got all their schollys back and was a pre season darling. I told my co workers who were trojan fans that sarkisian just did not strike me as a kind of hc that would be able to lead the trojans to the promised land. He seemed to be over his head. Furthermore the rest of the pac 12 is catching up. Parity is very apparent in that conference.
fify...

T-H

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Look ahead to the bright side of this Trojan hearse: Good seats cheap 2016 @ Jerry World.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
USC has now loss to 2 unranked teams at home this season. This was the year that USC was going to make some noise, they got all their schollys back and was a pre season darling. I told my co workers who were Trojan fans that Sarkisian just did not strike me as a kind of HC that would be able to lead the Trojans to the promise land. He seemed to be over his head. Furthermore the rest of the PAC 12 is catching up. Parity is very apparent in that conference.
This should help Peterson at Washington too 'cause his seat was getting warm.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We all knew that Sark was a bad hire at USC. They replaced Kiffin with Kiffin II.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.