CFN preview: Arkansas vs. Alabama

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I'm thinking that Arkansas is being overlooked a little bit. They lost to a highly thought of A&M team in overtime, and beat UT in Knoxville. They actually handled UT better than Oklahoma or Florida. I think we win...but we're in for a physical, workman type day.
Bama 24-10

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Everything has started with the run game on offense this year. When we haven't gotten it going or avoid it, it has been a struggle. We're gonna find out how real those gaudy rush defense numbers are for Arkansas. If they're for real on that metric then I think we're gonna sputter a bit offensively because I don't think the passing game can operate at a high level off pure drop back this year.

If Arkansas can hold up against the rushing attack: 27-10 type game probably

If Arkansas can't hold up against the rushing attack: 38-10 type game probably.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I think that the defense may be just a bit ticked that they let Chubb get his 100-yard game on a long run after holding him in check. They'll probably be extra motivated to stop the ground game.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Last week I told my wife just before the first Ga. play from scrimmage that they were going to through it deep. They did. It wouldn't surprise me if we did the same thing this week.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
One of the stats I keep is P5 scores. Alabama is +40 in three games and Arkansas is -13 in three games. That's an 18 pt advantage.

Arkansas is a better team than their record shows? How does he figure that? Is Tennessee a better team than their record shows? Must be going by preseason ranking.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When everyone is on one side of a game like this, I get worried. The media is really doing a great job of making everyone believe that Alabama just needs to show up to win this game.

Hope the Alabama players are focused on what they have to do.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
One of the stats I keep is P5 scores. Alabama is +40 in three games and Arkansas is -13 in three games. That's an 18 pt advantage.

Arkansas is a better team than their record shows? How does he figure that? Is Tennessee a better team than their record shows? Must be going by preseason ranking.
+40 and -13 wouldn't that be +53 or 27 or something? I don't understand.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
No way they score 17 points unless we have turnovers.
You're probably right. I hope you are. But I think they are just as capable or more capable than GA re: sustaining drives via the run or breaking big plays via the run. They also may be more capable re: the passing game so 17 points IMHO would still be a pretty good day for our D. Especially if we score 38 :).

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015

Because we pretty much beat ourselves against Toledo and Texas A&M. Dominated the statistical categories in both games but found a way to lose due to penalties. We probably beat Toledo 8/10 times

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
When everyone is on one side of a game like this, I get worried. The media is really doing a great job of making everyone believe that Alabama just needs to show up to win this game.

Hope the Alabama players are focused on what they have to do.
My opinion is this is going to be a very frustrating game for Alabama fans. We do this all the time. We look great one week and everyone starts up the hype machine, including the media, and all it's doing is giving the opponent plenty of motivation to play above their heads.

I don't think Alabama will go into this game unfocused or anything like that, but it can't help but come back down to earth from last week. And Arkansas is desperate.

Hope I'm wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.