2016 DL Marlon Davidson (Auburn commit)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Glad we managed to hang on. We were on pins and needles thinking he would flip to y'all, even before CWM's departure.
Would loved to have had him. He impressed me in the Alabama-Mississippi HS all-star game this past weekend. He was all over the field.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Who is the next one?
Derrick Brown a 5* from GA is a major target. We are also looking at Jeffrey Simmons from MS and two juco guys. I would feel confident in saying our staff knew Davidson was a long shot and have prioritized their time with these other guys.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Glad we managed to hang on. We were on pins and needles thinking he would flip to y'all, even before CWM's departure.
I would imagine he would be a starter from day 1 with ya'll, that and being a Legacy player probably made all the difference. With Bama he most likely would have at least a year of S&C while getting used to campus life.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would imagine he would be a starter from day 1 with ya'll, that and being a Legacy player probably made all the difference. With Bama he most likely would have at least a year of S&C while getting used to campus life.
I think so many of these kids want to play/start from day 1 on campus. I think it`s likely to be the same with Greg Little at OM. The whole concept of development (physically and mentally) to learn their craft is a totally alien concept to so many of these guys. They are absolutely convinced they`re all 3 and out good right now.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Given the barns attention to player development as well as academics, I see them turning Davidson into a hamburger flipper in 3 years but it make take 4 if he wants to move up from Greenville to Montgomery.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Given the barns attention to player development as well as academics, I see them turning Davidson into a hamburger flipper in 3 years but it make take 4 if he wants to move up from Greenville to Montgomery.
Come on, they are way more ambitious down there, they turn them into felonious assault with a deadly weapon, and sometimes alcoholic racist recruit repelling centers.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I thought Lane told him he would be pumping gas in a few years....

At least that is what he told those SC kids when he was coaching at Tennessee. LOL

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Isn't Davidson an EE at te barn? :cool2:

If so, can we close this thread? If not, do we have any real shot at getting him?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.