2016 DL Marlon Davidson (Auburn commit)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Things that make you go " Hmmmmmm". I`d say we might still be in this, especially since he`s taking an official. Come on down, Marlon! We`ll be sending a good bit of our DL to the league this year, so playing time potentially available to a frosh. Just ask Daron!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Saw on al.com that he plans on signing his LOI on 12/16. Did they add an early signing period??? If so, will we sign any on 12/16. I see where it could benefit having members of the class recruiting on our behalf.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saw on al.com that he plans on signing his LOI on 12/16. Did they add an early signing period??? If so, will we sign any on 12/16. I see where it could benefit having members of the class recruiting on our behalf.
Yes and no.

A player can sign, but it's not the LOI like on NSD. It's only the financial agreement. By signing, the player gives the school unlimited access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Yes and no.

A player can sign, but it's not the LOI like on NSD. It's only the financial agreement. By signing, the player gives the school unlimited access.

Any word if we have anyone signing???? Also, if a recruit signs and then decides to go elsewhere, could the school be in violation for the unlimited access? Seems I remember that happening last year...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yes and no.

Haven`t seen that. Signing with the barn? Us? Both?

Last edited by a moderator:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Should be noted that a player can sign multiple nsds I believe and they are of course not binding.
Technically, not anymore. The NCAA changed the rule after the 2014 signing class because players signed multiple ones. The first one signed is the only one that counts. However, how's a team or player going to prove which one was signed first?

Any word if we have anyone signing???? Also, if a recruit signs and then decides to go elsewhere, could the school be in violation for the unlimited access? Seems I remember that happening last year...
Yes. LSU was in violation of it after Matt Womack signed with Alabama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I thought he had an official visit to us set for January. Must be thinking of somebody else.
Bone tweeted this earlier:

Davidson said a week ago he wanted to take OVs to Alabama and FSU. The dead period hit, ran out of time. Only took OV to AU.
Don't understand MD's thinking on what he wanted to do since he knew he was going to enroll early and had to know the dead period was only days away.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Bone tweeted this earlier:

Don't understand MD's thinking on what he wanted to do since he knew he was going to enroll early and had to know the dead period was only days away.
Dude is simply a barner at heart which is fine by me. Good luck to him. Next...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.