Film study: 'Bama's new defensive tricks causing confusion, creating big plays

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I really enjoy his work.

I believe our entire team is rounding into form as the season progresses. Much like Ohio State lost early last year and then kept winning as it improved, I see that for us potentially.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I hate making too much of these atta-boys...like the writer pointed out, a veteran QB and WR would have adjusted after the snap to stick/hook type route in the vacated area. Instead the freshman WR just blew by his keys and kept on running and the green QB tried to force a throw that was never there. A decent passing attack: that play was a 7-10 yard gain. A dynamic veteran receiver: maybe he makes a man miss and gets even more.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I really enjoy his work.

I believe our entire team is rounding into form as the season progresses. Much like Ohio State lost early last year and then kept winning as it improved, I see that for us potentially.
I have thought the same thing. I think we grew a lot from the Ole Miss loss.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
"The Tide’s goal was to eliminate the explosive pass and keep everything in front of them so their pack of wolves could hunt for kills (as one of my coordinators used to put it.) " love this quote...

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I hate making too much of these atta-boys...like the writer pointed out, a veteran QB and WR would have adjusted after the snap to stick/hook type route in the vacated area. Instead the freshman WR just blew by his keys and kept on running and the green QB tried to force a throw that was never there. A decent passing attack: that play was a 7-10 yard gain. A dynamic veteran receiver: maybe he makes a man miss and gets even more.
True. But what CMT has brought to this DB unit puts the players in correct position to generate T.O. opportunities while limiting big play potential. I texted my son immediately after that play something to the effect of "This defense is beginning to gel, WATCH OUT!". I'm excited about the remainder of the season.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.