2017 QB Jake Fromm Updates (Flips from Bama to UGA)

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Bailey Hockman, QB from Powder Springs , GA de committed from UGA recently. it definitely play a part on Fromm flipping. but the kid grew up a dawg fan and his father is old friends with Kirby. it was a no brainer. furthermore good ole Richt didn't make him a priority like Smart has which is not surprising. good luck kid and hopefully you will be patient enough to wait behind Eason until he leaves Athens.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Bailey Hockman, QB from Powder Springs , GA de committed from UGA recently. it definitely play a part on Fromm flipping. but the kid grew up a dawg fan and his father is old friends with Kirby. it was a no brainer. furthermore good ole Richt didn't make him a priority like Smart has which is not surprising. good luck kid and hopefully you will be patient enough to wait behind Eason until he leaves Athens.
Good points SJC. He committed to Bama because of Kirby even though he was a lifelong UGA fan. Kirby is going to be tough to beat in the state of GA and like Matt said he is now the enemy unfortunately.

Who we going after now?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think I finally feel like Kirby is the enemy now...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I will always be fond of Kirby but yes, he is now our rival. He can recruit but can he lead a winning program? It will be interesting to watch but the Jimmies and the Joes he will have.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I usually don't think about a DC recruiting a qb...seems like it would be the OC or qb coach that would be the main contact for a qb recruit. If Fromm had of come to Bama the bulk of his coaching contact would have come from offensive coaches rather than the DC.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I usually don't think about a DC recruiting a qb...seems like it would be the OC or qb coach that would be the main contact for a qb recruit. If Fromm had of come to Bama the bulk of his coaching contact would have come from offensive coaches rather than the DC.
Each coach has a particular region to recruit. Kirby recruited Georgia. Lane finds the QBs he likes, and the coach recruiting that QB's region does the recruiting.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I wonder what the general consensus will be in the media about how many wins Kirby will need to get next season for it to be considered a successful first year? I would think at least eight. The Georgia team wasn't in a terrible downspin last year, it just wasn't doing good enough.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wonder what the general consensus will be in the media about how many wins Kirby will need to get next season for it to be considered a successful first year? I would think at least eight. The Georgia team wasn't in a terrible downspin last year, it just wasn't doing good enough.
The key games for UGA this year are at Ole Miss, vs Tennessee, vs Florida and vs Auburn. All of those are home games for UGA except Ole Miss. If they win all their other games and split those 4 that will give them 10 wins. I think anything less than that would be looked at as a disappointment..

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Let's remember that Kirby has learned from the master. We still have the master. Kirby may need to be processed at some point in the future. He is added to the enemy list now. RTR!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well, to put a different spin on it, we still have Blake Barnett with 4 years of eligibility left and Jalen Hurts with 5 to play 4.

And, there will be others to recruit. I don't like he flipped, but I'm not losing sleep over it. :BigA:

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
From the interview with Fromm's dad, it sounds like Bama was gently pulling back the red carpet in regards to pursuit of his son. Maybe Bama has a better fitting QB in their sights? .....maybe there was a little bit of a Kirby/Saban gentleman's light hand-off as a result. Wouldn't surprise me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.