2017 QB Jake Fromm Updates (Flips from Bama to UGA)

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Doesn't make much since to me since he will only be a year behind Eason. If Eason pans out to expectations this guy will have to wait quite a while to see the field. Sticking with Bama he would have been 2 yrs behind Barnett.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Doesn't make much since to me since he will only be a year behind Eason. If Eason pans out to expectations this guy will have to wait quite a while to see the field. Sticking with Bama he would have been 2 yrs behind Barnett.

Not necessarily.

Eason, if living up to the hype, could be 3 and done. If Fromm redshirts this year, he would be a RS-SOPHOMORE when Eason leaves.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
You're not going to find many schools outside of Auburn in the SEC that will not have several very talented QB's on the roster that you'll have to beat out for playing time. Somehow with Auburn it's skitszoid. They ether get a Cam Newton or a total bag of crap.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

What will be will be .... Eason has the measurables, but as they say in Moneyball, 'We're not selling jeans here.' Fromm has played much better competition and shows extraordinary gifts as well. Would notsurprise me to see him beat Eason out.

On another front, Kirby already has set UGA up for a massive recruiting year.

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Doubtful based on his off the field and attitude. I would be surprised if we take anyone before June or July. We will want to see them in camp now. I really wouldn't be opposed to signing nobody and double up next year. We have four top guys looking at us in 18.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Doubtful based on his off the field and attitude. I would be surprised if we take anyone before June or July. We will want to see them in camp now. I really wouldn't be opposed to signing nobody and double up next year. We have four top guys looking at us in 18.
Yep, Jack West is an in-state kid (Saraland) that looks great.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I honestly think this may be for the best. I think if we can "afford" to miss on any position this review recruiting cycle it's QB.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Saw this kid play tonight no doubt Kirby is getting a good one. He had over 400 yards passing with 4 touchdowns. He is definitely a pocket passer though as he will.pick a defense apart in the pocket. Get him moving though and he has issues.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I honestly think this may be for the best. I think if we can "afford" to miss on any position this review recruiting cycle it's QB.

Well now that this zombie thread is alive, may as well note how far the discussion has come since March.

It never ceases to amaze me how this staff can "lose" a guy and a few months later they have the guy nobody was talking about then but can't get enough of now. We lose Fromm only to get Tua. Towns--Barnett comes to mind. Can't recall if we had anyone (Shea Patterson maybe) before Hurts. Fromm -- Tua.

Speaking of skipping a year at QB, we now have two commits, which we seem to need since we are wondering if Hurts is going to win the job and cause a mass transfer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.