2017 QB Jake Fromm Updates (Flips from Bama to UGA)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: 2017 QB Jake Fromm commits to Alabama!

WOW..He has a canon for an arm & has a quick release as well..He's a good looking QB..Between him & Jalen hurts our QB situation will be in a logjam when they both get on campus..Not a bad problem to have as they wait their turn behind Barnett..

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Kid is a stud. So is Jalen. So is Blake. Let the best stud win.

Even though UGA has two good kids lined up for next year, it's always great to go into that state and get a highly ranked recruit. South Georgia also sends a bunch of kids to FSU.

Fromm's release is fast and natural. When he flicks the ball, you expect to see it 10 yards downfield. Instead it's 25. Beautiful motion and the ball just rips.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** 2017 QB Jake Fromm commits to Alabama! ***

How QB Jake Fromm's commitment unfolded and what it means for Alabama recruiting

Jake Fromm had faced pressure before. In 2011, he played in front of large crowds on national television at the Little League World Series in South Williamsport, Pa.

In 2013, he became the starting quarterback for Houston County High School in Warner Robins, Ga., playing rivals like Northside and Warner Robins where "you can't hear yourself think," his coach, Von Lassiter, said.

But there he was on Saturday, with his father Emerson and Alabama head coach Nick Saban, in Saban's office a few hours before the Crimson Tide knocked off Arkansas 27-14.

The class of 2017 four-star recruit, who earned the Crimson Tide offer in the spring, knew what he wanted to do. He just had to say it.

"He started conversation off and said that I can commit whenever," Fromm said. "We got to talking about football. When we were talking, I felt my heart pounding and felt that tug on my heart. I decided at the end of the conversation, 'Hey coach, I really want to play for you and I really want to come to Alabama.'"

And that's how Alabama landed its quarterback commitment for the class of 2017.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: *** 2017 QB Jake Fromm commits to Alabama! ***

Appears we won't have to worry about a de-commitment from Jake. Sounds like he is ready to go help recruit and we saw how effective a highly rated QB can be to getting big times names to follow with our past QB commits like Barnett, Cornwell and others.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jake was named the 2015 Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Georgia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.