News Article: LSU's Fournette Wanted to Auction Off His Game Worn Jersey for South Carolina Relief

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It's hard not to like a guy like Fournette - he really seems like a good guy.

LSU as an whole has earned a lot of my respect this week.

CA....id you hear about the award he received in high school that he ended up giving to a rival player?

I don't know the details but heard it mentioned today.

A very humble and talented individual......much respect!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Doesn't LSU sell the purple jerseys every time they wear em? I thought I had read that somewhere.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It's hard not to like a guy like Fournette - he really seems like a good guy.

LSU as an whole has earned a lot of my respect this week.
LSU did it the right way and Fournette seems to be as good of a person as he is a football player (and that is saying a whole heckuva lot)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Doesn't LSU sell the purple jerseys every time they wear em? I thought I had read that somewhere.
There's a lot of complicated rules, but basically if you sell a jersey usually it can't be attributed to a particular player, at least not one with amateur status. For instance, they would generally remove the nameplates. That might be a bit ambiguous, but what's not ambiguous is the fact that players can't sell their stuff (jerseys and what not) off at least until they are professionals. The idea is that they'd be profiting off of their status as an athlete and as such they'd lose their amateur status.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.