Question: Is HENRY hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I like DH, but he is our 'worse' lead runner. Some will see that as a put down, but think of all the other backs we have had.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I like DH, but he is our 'worse' lead runner. Some will see that as a put down, but think of all the other backs we have had.
I can't really agree with that. Even TJ Yeldon wasn't really a power back in the sense that Ingram/Trent/Lacy was. It's just a style of running. Yes, it's nice having someone who makes their own holes, and can get 2/3 yards on virtually any run. But, Henry is a fantastic back, he's been very productive. I think the offensive line needs to improve a bit though, as I said he needs space and their job is to create that.

If I have any knock on him at all it's that sometimes he seems to forget his size. As B1g pointed out, he can run people over, he's physically capable, it's just not his style and he's so upright that it's less likely he can knock them over and keep going. So, when he's about to get tackled I'd prefer he just go forward and get a couple more yards vs. trying to make a cut instead but I'd stop well short of saying he's "worse" than Coffee/Ingram/Richardson/Lacy/Yeldon, he's just different.

Last edited:

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Henry has long legs. Teams have learned take out those legs and he comes down. His upright running makes for an easier target unless he gets that head of steam then well see ya.

The offensive problems are solely here THIS OL CANNOT BLOCK OR PROTECT COKER. I put this on Cristobal and he coaching methods. Our OL kids are just as big and strong as anyone
yet they look inept on almost every play. Every 4 man D line pours through us like no one is there. Keep that up and Bateman will be on field too soon.

I'm not sure I agree with this. The OL hasn't had these issues since 2013, they've just recently showed up. I don't think you can put this off on Cristobal's teaching methods unless they've changed this season for some reason. It seems more likely to me that they're just taking more time to gel when it comes to adjusting to the DLs. Most of the heavy pressure yesterday seemed to come on stunts and twists when the OL didn't adjust fast enough.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Henry has long legs. Teams have learned take out those legs and he comes down. His upright running makes for an easier target unless he gets that head of steam then well see ya.
This. The book on Henry appears to be go for his legs before he can get a head of steam. I've noticed that all the defenders seem to be doing that to him over the last few games. It works. In order for him to get any head of steam the OL has to give him some room. Something they were doing precious little of last night.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
But it's also funny how everyone trashed on Coker and kiffin when la Monroe applied pressure with a loaded box. I like our chances but we need to have complete performances
Exactly. Its not just the OL, kiffin, coker, henry or etc. It's the offense as a whole that needs consistency. We are on the right track but definite room for improvement in different phases of the offense.

RTR

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Exactly. Its not just the OL, kiffin, coker, henry or etc. It's the offense as a whole that needs consistency. We are on the right track but definite room for improvement in different phases of the offense.

RTR
Yep. It's not all on Kiffin or Coker or Henry. The OL isn't consistently winning blocks game to game or in-game. Coker is the epitome of a boom or bust quarterback right now. When in rhythm, he's good for the offense...when he's not in rhythm he struggles. And I'm not talking about getting pressure and making poor decisions, I'm talking about managing the offense pre-snap. Kiffin is partly at blame for that in my opinion. Coker doesn't handle the no huddle well. He gets panicky and I think that trickles down to everyone else (the false starts, alignment issues, etc). The offensive mix this year is built for a slow-ball offense. Young receivers, young linemen, first year QB. They need to be managed and put into a play.

It is a confluence of a lot of inputs that I don't think are too ideal. We looked good against UGA because the weather forced us into the identity this team can execute. So yes, I feel absolutely no problem in praising the UGA performance and criticizing what I've seen in every other week.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Yep. It's not all on Kiffin or Coker or Henry. The OL isn't consistently winning blocks game to game or in-game. Coker is the epitome of a boom or bust quarterback right now. When in rhythm, he's good for the offense...when he's not in rhythm he struggles. And I'm not talking about getting pressure and making poor decisions, I'm talking about managing the offense pre-snap. Kiffin is partly at blame for that in my opinion. Coker doesn't handle the no huddle well. He gets panicky and I think that trickles down to everyone else (the false starts, alignment issues, etc). The offensive mix this year is built for a slow-ball offense. Young receivers, young linemen, first year QB. They need to be managed and put into a play.

It is a confluence of a lot of inputs that I don't think are too ideal. We looked good against UGA because the weather forced us into the identity this team can execute. So yes, I feel absolutely no problem in praising the UGA performance and criticizing what I've seen in every other week.
CNS shares that responsibility as well, and in fact, he is the one that wanted Lane to implement the HUNH aspects of our offense. Honestly, I don't think Lane is completely comfortable with it either. We have to remember - Kiffin has always been in the press box, and is much like Saban/Smart that he likes to see what the defense is doing and adjust accordingly. Being on the sideline and running more HUNH is something that CNS made the call on. At times, it works and works great, but when it doesn't, it's pretty ugly sometimes.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
If we can't complete the occasional 10-25 yard down the middle pass, which so far we haven't proven we can do, we become at times one dimensional and that's a bad thing usually.
And this exact scenario is why i'm not very concerned about the LSU game (yes, i know that we have 2 games before that one...). LSU is way more one dimensional than we are. Their QB is awful, and our run defense is phenomenal. Fournette is a great back, but i pray for him when he tries to run on the Bama D.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Arkansas defends a run heavy offense every day in practice and is no stranger to a size disadvantage. And our o line was pathetic last night. Henry looked about as good as he could.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Say what? Almost as good as what?
No crime not to be as good as Alabama's D-Line this year. I don't think that any of the teams remaining on your schedule come close to Arkansas' d-line unless/until you see Florida in the SECCG.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
At the game last night the first drive was hurry up and looked like one of their best drive until the red zone

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So DH is slow, injured, goes down on first contact and can't even break arm tackles. We need to bench him and get a new RB :rolleyes:!
You are replying to a poster who posts anywhere from every few months to every few years. He may of may not see your reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.